Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Default Truck Drivers

:
Whats wrong with them? Constantly cutting me off, no indicating, tail gating, speeding...

This morning going to work some truck was not keeping left on the M2 and doing well below the speed limit, I was like in a group of 3 cars that were following him, eventually we all undertook him at the speed limit.
But when I was half way up beside him, he decided he wanted to change lanes, weak indication also, swooped into my lane. I had to slam on the brakes, skwirming all over the place :
Testing my new 19" nexen tyres :
And my sister was in the car, doing work experience with me :

Drugged up??

:

Old 26-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got a bad egg, doesnt mean they're all like that
Old 26-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

This is gonna get ugly...
I had a car cut me off just before, does that mean all drivers are fools? Or just the ones that whine about 1 person that annoys them?
Im guessing you have never driven a truck before either....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 26-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

The times Ive encountered trucks on the road, 8/10 do what I mentioned above.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
:
Whats wrong with them? Constantly cutting me off, no indicating, tail gating, speeding...

This morning going to work some truck was not keeping left on the M2 and doing well below the speed limit, I was like in a group of 3 cars that were following him, eventually we all undertook him at the speed limit.
But when I was half way up beside him, he decided he wanted to change lanes, weak indication also, swooped into my lane. I had to slam on the brakes, skwirming all over the place :

Drugged up??

:
Funny. I was driving the truck today, Im indicating to get into the slower lanes, had been for a good 200 metres but cars just kept zipping down the left side of me. I finally get a gap to move left and this drugged up hoon with his drugged up sister in a car comes barreling out my blind spot and down the left. Idiot nearly killed himself and his sister.

No offence mate, youre prorbably right in what happened to you, Im just wondering what post might appear on the Hino forums tonight.

Last edited by fmc351; 26-11-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Left side undertaker, right side overtaker. I drive a truck for a living, and I've seen much let me tell you. What you describe is a bold move for you anyway. Visibilty is very limited in certain areas around the vehicle. In fact it's not hard for a car or smaller to vanish from sight. Sometimes it's the car driver that needs to appreciate this and drive accordingly.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #7
stiddy
Banned

I think everyone needs to passenger with a truck driver for a few days.
If their attitude hasnt changed by that, they shouldnt be on our roads.

My dad drives for Retriever Towing, Drives a 16L V8 turbo 16ton Volvo.. I jump in with him every chance I get, I love trucks and I get cash on the side for helping out.
Last week, towing a broken down loaded Scania with trailer, 45ton and about 39ft long. You try and do that on Pennant Hills Road during peak hour.

If you get to where your going without closing your eyes atleast twice thinking 'this is going to get messy' id be very suprised. The majority of sydney drivers are hopeless. They blame everyone else but themselves.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Funny. I was driving the truck today, Im indicating to get into the slower lanes, had been for a good 200 metres but cars just kept zipping down the left side of me. I finally get a gap to move left and this drugged up hoon with his drugged up sister in a car comes barreling out my blind spot and down the left. Idiot nearly killed himself and his sister.

No offence mate, youre prorbably right in what happened to you, Im just wondering what post might appear on the Hino forums tonight.
I was in a ute? I seen what lane you were in several kilometres b4 the incident. More then a few times, could of ducked into the left lane.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
whiteELXR6

go for a drive in a truck for a few days mate and if you haven't got a greater appreciation for the people that drive them, then your nuts. Sure there are plenty of bad apples out there driving them but there are plenty of dodgy carpenters and doctors out there too. No one in any industry is always perfect.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
I was in a ute? I seen what lane you were in several kilometres b4 the incident. More then a few times, could of ducked into the left lane.
What and cut someone else off? No way, I was after you.

The post was facetious, I was not in a truck.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Im over it now.. had my rant
Old 26-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Patience, consideration and anticipation are 3 words that need to remembered on the road. We all have to share the road, and there are fools in every category. At the end of the day, it's your judgement that will see you safely home or not. Irrespective of other's shortcomings.
Old 26-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
DA68ZA

Quote:
:

Drugged up??

:

Mate for every drongo truck driver there is 20,000 d^^k head stunt car drivers

You have to drive one to know what it is like , my wife comes with me sometimes and she cant believe the stunts they do .

Me , been driving sydney metro for 18 years and seen it all .
Old 26-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on street-hinos.com.au
$&^&*%()((&%$ car &^$&*^T*)) 10-4 good buddy &*&^$&*)(&Y^$&#(* &)(()*&(*_)I)(_&*^()*_)(I()_+_(+ car &*)(&*(^(*^( government (*&Y*(^*^*& police (*^*(^(*^*(_)^$(*)^& all be shot
Ok just kidding, but as a regular highway driver I have noticed that there seem to be good and bad drivers that can almost be predicted by what they are driving.

1) Owner/drivers are usually very good as they love THEIR truck and look after it as it is how they earn their living.
2) Drivers of most of the national carriers such as Toll or TNT and even now the famous "Upside Down Red Truck" company of Coffs Harbour are usually fairly good as if not they get dobbed and end up not driving the nice shiny toys anymore.
3) Drivers of the smaller companies and I am thinking right now of a totally anonymous green truck company that move a lot of timber tend to be more aggressive and nasty and try to intimedate cars.

This is not 100% but is a reasionable indicator.

My rules for playing with trucks:

1) If you cannot see their mirrors they cant see you.
2) Do not sit right up their clakker you can get rocked, can't see past them and are invisible.
3) If they know you are there and you are not being a dropkick they will let you past as soon as it is safe.
4) They have UHF and if you say gday most are pretty good people so treat them that way.
5) Beware of green and yellow trucks between Maryborough and Brisbane.
Old 26-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 26-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #16
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the only problem i've ever had with trucks is when they outnumber you and think you are on their turf. the pacific highway on a sunday night is a scary place when you're surrounded by speeding trucks and all you want to do it get home in one peice.
Old 26-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I'd rather share the road with trucks 9 times out of ten..bad eggs in both sides. Ive been driving on highways and interstate for 15 years and have a lot of respect for truckies.
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Old 26-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Hate Trucks.
Old 26-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

D1XR2C, you be careful who you insult here by making statements like that.

As a truck driver, it makes my blood boil when i hear of yahoo's doing stupid crap on the road that endangers other road users then getting tarred by the same brush by someone having a whinge.

If i had an onboard camera with me, i could fill an hour of stupid stuff people do on a daily basis day in day out! Prime examples are: Passing on the left, jumping in front of the truck at red lights, driving under the speed limit etc, etc.

You DO get your odd moron behind the wheel of a rig, but most owner drivers DO give a toss and wont cause problems.
As others have said, if you are "undertaking" another vehicle, you do realise you are breaking the law dont you?
& if the truck did happen to swap paint with you, you would be up the creek without a paddle my friend!
I have had 3 people in the past 6 months destroy their cars by slamming into the side of my truck not looking at where they are going, or pulling out too far from side streets and me wiping out the front off their cars, all crashes were from impatient nim rods who thought they were in the right.It's OK though, i just pull the guards back out and keep on truckin' while they catch a ride home in a tow truck or i the back of an ambo
Old 26-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #20
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob

If i had an onboard camera with me, i could fill an hour of stupid stuff people do
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob

driving under the speed limit etc, etc.
lol. does that irritate you when some people are calm and are not in such a hurry that they have to be square on the speed limit at all times. pffft!
Old 26-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #21
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenLS1
lol. does that irritate you when some people are calm and are not in such a hurry that they have to be square on the speed limit at all times. pffft!
ok, so i'll drive at 50kph in a 110kph zone whilst you're behind me, would you like it :P
Old 26-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #22
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
ok, so i'll drive at 50kph in a 110kph zone whilst you're behind me, would you like it :P
YEAH that happens all the time.
Old 26-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #23
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on street-hinos.com.au
$&^&*%()((&%$ car &^$&*^T*)) 10-4 good buddy &*&^$&*)(&Y^$&#(* &)(()*&(*_)I)(_&*^()*_)(I()_+_(+ car &*)(&*(^(*^( government (*&Y*(^*^*& police (*^*(^(*^*(_)^$(*)^& all be shot
So much rice on that site.
Old 26-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #24
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

You undertook a truck....good move....your lucky it didn't end worse then what happened.

You obviously never been in a truck, hence your move. I've been in trucks all my life (old man is an owner driver) and have seen 1 BAD truckdriver (cut three lanes off to get on the off ramp after moving from the far left lane to the second far right to overtake a car that was doing the speed limit and almost cleaned two cars off in the process).
Old 26-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #25
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Quote:
The times Ive encountered trucks on the road, 8/10 do what I mentioned above.
Totally agree, I drive on the gateway motorway (Brisbane) everyday and all of them hog the right lane so knowone can pass, but when you finally get by, they move over, I,ve had a few near misses and nearly ended up off the side of the motorway..
Old 26-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #26
rodderz

I can' see this thread as being one of the ones that stays around for a few pages

I drive a medium sized truck for about 6 years and while not as heavy and large as a semi/prime etc, the amount of gongers on the road with no idea is unbelievable. Some people have no concept of realising that trucks take longer to stop, go, turn than a car.

There's no patience and foreward thinking. Sure there's bad truckies but there's loads of crazy car drivers.
Old 26-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #27
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

As a delivery driver in a ute around Sydney ... the worst drivers happen to be taxi drivers. And drivers of beaten up old white vans.

You get the odd bad truck driver ... but tell you what ... there's a hell of a lot of worse car drivers out there on the road.

People need to slow down a bit .... it's not a race track out there ... it's a public road.

I encounter slow trucks on the M2 as well ... but the times i travel ... the average speed is about 2-5km/h ... so there's no use trying to undertake anyway.

Gotta give it to the truck drivers out there ... I'd hate to drive Sydney traffic in one .... it's hard enough with a loaded ute most of the time ... but a truck ... that take balls really.
Old 26-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Trucks bring MacDonalds Hamburgers and happy meals, so they are alright in my book!!

God Bless the truck driver
Old 26-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #29
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Trucks bring MacDonalds Hamburgers and happy meals, so they are alright in my book!!

God Bless the truck driver

Bucky for leader of the Opposition party ... I heard they are looking for someone who lives close to the Big House.
Old 26-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #30
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

LOL!

First rip into the cyclists now dig a boot into the truckies, obviously there's not enough VN threads...!
Closed Thread