Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation No Petrol ??

Heads up all members - Sydney's petrol supply is drying up. I have just filled up and was given some news from the service station attendant that was a very big surprise. I tried to buy some Vortex 96 at my normal Caltex Servo only to find all the Vortex 96 and Vortex 98 pumps were closed. At the time this didn't seem unusual as this station is reknown for letting supplies get low and then close off the pumps.

I went to another Caltex Servo on the way to work and all the Vortex 98 pumps were closed. When I went to pay I asked why all the Vortex 98 pumps were closed. Well his explaination surely surprised me.

Apparently the Petrol Companies "stuffed" up - he didn't elaborate on this. The supply of Vortex 98 is non-existent - Petrol Stations have been scrounging whatever they can get, but none is coming out of the refinery, Vortex 96 is nearly non-existent, the supply consists of whatever is in the tanks at Petrol Stations.

I said well I guess we all will be using standard unleaded, to which his reply was the standard petrol supply is also very very low so top-up whenever can. I have no reason to doubt this person, but always take information like this for what it is worth. :

Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
elusiverunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

Did you try BP or another company? Its more likely to be just Caltex and their associated suppliers. It surely cant be all refineries that stuffed up.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Yeah I noticed that my local Caltex had no 96 or 98. I drive to the local BP, they had no 98 either! Had to go to the mobil about 5 km away. Although yesterday the BP had 98 again, so it must be a Caltex thing

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In our local servos that have auto ordering system Coles express in particular nearly every holiday period they run out for a short time. The system like many auto systems works on averages and when there is a spike of high useage it cant cope. As a holiday destination with a huge influx of tourists they run out. Not just premium but unleaded as well.
Old 23-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
theunfairadvant

This runout is the same nearly every X'mas and New Year.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

No problems with LPG here
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
No problems with LPG here
if you go to a site with only a 7500L above ground tank they can be the worst for running out cos they basically need to be filled daily
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post