Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Default Servicing Costs

Hi fellow fiesta owners,
Just bought a dec 2006 WQ 3 dr manual with 15.6K on the clock. Previous owner bought it with 17 " wheels, leather interior and tints. He then optioned it up with reverse sensors ?? sill plates, weather shields, bonnet and headlight protectors, mats, paint protection and some fangled positive ion anti rust gizmo. It has the ipod connection too. Six months later he installed a top of the range webasto sunroof !!! Just wondering what the going price was for the 15K service...called two Ford dealers and they reckon $255 and $285. Called one Euro car shop and they reckon $275 using a full synth oil. Looked at the service manual and can see check this and that but only replace oil and filter...rec service time was 1 hour. Seems a little exxy to me (for an oil change) but then again this is my first foray in the world of euro machinery. Welcome your opinions !!!

PS drives really well except for the noisy directional rubber...when they wear out I reckon I'll go for the pzeros fitted on the XR4 for sure !

silverwqlx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

sounds like you got a lot on that fez there......? i just got a minor service done in between my 60,000 & 75,000km mark, cost $71, i supplied oil (castrol edge 5W-30 @ $44), that wasn't at Ford. but mines out of warranty of course. Haven't serviced at ford yet, but i would whilst still 15,000km though. i dont think the 15,000 should be that much... but i wouldn't know.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Thks zetec jim for the reply. Not too keen to go to Ford and as long as I use a registered mech + gen parts the warranty is not void. Euro joint reckons they will only use ford parts....interesting to see that your minor service is more than half the cost I have been quoted....could this be a Sydney thing ?
Old 14-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

dunno, probably not... most Ford places will charge similar prices. The guy i use i know so he does a good job at a fair price. all i can suggest is to keep ringin around.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwqlx
PS drives really well except for the noisy directional rubber...when they wear out I reckon I'll go for the pzeros fitted on the XR4 for sure !
Another tyre that's worth checking out is the Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2. They will cost less than the PZero Neros and I think they're just as good. If you wanna go lower, Bridgestone Potenza RE001... AWESOME tyres, but I dont know how quiet it is.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

Hey there,
Just thought I would update...got the service done by Billy's Automotive at Thornleigh and he used Penzzoil synth....with the new oil I explored the redline...very smooth but I reckon all the action is between 3500 and 5000 rpm. Engine is very quite and overall I am quite happy with the vehicle. Ending up costing $195 which I reckon is more appropriate (though not optimum) for this type of service. Thanks for the tip on the tyres Ives, will need to wait until the directionals wear out though before I put these on : (
Old 18-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
frinik

Just got my 45 000k service a couple hours ago at Dommineli Ford in Kirrawee.. Service was $277.41 ex GST. Nothing special done, oil change and filter, brake fluids, fuel cleaner and rotation of the wheels. I could have done it myself for a fraction of the cost but I'm too lazy.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Another tyre that's worth checking out is the Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2. They will cost less than the PZero Neros and I think they're just as good. If you wanna go lower, Bridgestone Potenza RE001... AWESOME tyres, but I dont know how quiet it is.
i have bridgestone potenza on my fiesta they are awsome grip but they do let off a bit of noise. especially on harsh qld roads.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
silverwqlx
Starter Motor

I think the fiesta in general lets in a lot of road noise , using a sport type tyre just makes it worse.