Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
dreadly
Banned

Wink Exhaust for Au 2 xr8 ute???

Hey guys was thinking of changing my current system cat back. which is tickford dual 2 1/4 with resonator removed- to a single 3" straight through? any suggestions or any recommendations? it has pacemaker tri y's and metal core hi flow cats already....

Will i see any improvements in sound and power? or not worth it cheers peter

dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

3" will sound fairly deep but it may drone a bit depending on your resonators and mufflers. Power wise unless your engine is fairly modified I dont think it would make that much difference either way.
Old 24-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
dreadly
Banned

Its a 3" straight through no mufflers or resonator.. has a 6" cannon and 4" open tip.
mates old system he had on his tornado ute. just need to get a y pipe added being it was on a 6. Any suggestions?
Your utes new mods on paper kick ***!!! Bit more than when it was in ford power mag-
What camshaft did you decide on? and is the 70mm tb a good upgrade/ and the spacer? where'd ya get the spacer? Hows the high rise dash look from the ts look? can you send me some pics? And what the interior set ya back? thanks for your help hey peter
Old 24-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definatly add a good straight thru muffler and a resonator if your going to use that 3" system mate other wise it will drone like buggery.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
dreadly
Banned

Is it worth putting on or keep what i have? its pretty much standard set up cat back. i changed the front half first lol... What do i need to do now? any suggestions? cheers peter and phil what happening with those roller rockers lol ;)
Old 24-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get a proper 3" cat back for a ute pretty cheap, bolt straight on, this one you will have to modify and add mufflers, i rekon its not worth it.

Did you end up getting the ones i linked?
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
dreadly
Banned

Really bugger will i need to add mufflers:(? he said i could have it for $250 he listed it on ebay before he told me about it... dont know how to send links can you check it out for me item number is 330229737933 And missed out on those rocker before was at a bloody dinner party:( whats this drony sound ment to be/mean? cheers
Old 24-04-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

drone is basically the loud noise that continues at a certain point in revs - annoys the hell out of you.

Personally I'd go with an exhaust specifically made to suit the AU V8, theyre not by any means hard to get or that expensive (depending on what brand you go), the Tornado one would have been made for a Turbo motor not a V8, and a cannon on an XR8 is going to look bloody stupid :