Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Servicing in Brisbane?

Any recomendations on Ford Dealers in Brisbane for servicing?

My Fez is coming up for it's 15k service and honestly, "I'm too scared to book it in anywhere" after reading all the horror stories out there regarding Ford Service Centres and all the problems people have had with them.

I just want somewhere that will do the job properly and treat my car with some respect and not take it for a good thrashing around the block a few times!

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Which part of Brisbane are you after?

Denmac Ford at Darra are very good as are Southside Ford at 'Gabba from reputation.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

+1 vote for Southside Ford at the Gabba.

I tried Denmac at Indoroopilly once and won't be going back in a hurry. Have been to Southside a few times and they have been very good.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 for Denmac Darra, Ask for Stanley there and say you have been recommended this dealership, and you will be looked after...

My family has been taking fords there for 12 years or so, and i have always dealt with him.

I believe some others would recommend him, but, i guess it comes down to if they see this thread.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
peter j

Thumbs up

If you are on the southside try Q Ford at Browns Plains (NOT Springwood) as i have had warranty work and servicing done by them and had no problems as opposed to the other .
peter j is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had no problems with Metro Ford. FORD servicing is getting expensive. But they are the only ones who can update the engine management pc. KMart, Ultratune etc cann't. I was charged $236 for the 15k service on my FIESTA but that was a year ago. $320 for the 45k service.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
+1 for Denmac Darra, Ask for Stanley there and say you have been recommended this dealership, and you will be looked after...

My family has been taking fords there for 12 years or so, and i have always dealt with him.

I believe some others would recommend him, but, i guess it comes down to if they see this thread.

+2 for Stanley at Denmac Darra this man is ex workshop and really knows his stuff and will look after you.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Stan at Denmac is very good and I went to him a lot, I only stopped going to denmac darra when they made some big messups that resulted in me not having any brakes. To be fair the service that resulted in this episode was not done through Stan.
I have also had good experiences with Bryan Byrt at Wecker rd Mansfield.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
graphixboy
Does it get any better

2 words: Southside Ford
graphixboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

ive had no problems yet with bryan byrt ford at mansfield, iam booked in this monday the 8th for the gt to be serviced. once i start mods i will be going to elite automotive at archerfield for future servicing.

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bremer Ford @ Ebbw vale is really good. Depends how close you are to ipswich.

2004 BA MKI Tradesman Ute 1 tonner in Vibe
Tinted windows, Alloy scuff plates.
The rest is still stock as a rock
www.bseries.com.au/2fishingdogs

2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #12
Nickxb
XB in progress

I have had no problems with the ford at Indoroopilly. IMO that have always been great
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHenry
Which part of Brisbane are you after?

Denmac Ford at Darra are very good as are Southside Ford at 'Gabba from reputation.
Thanks for all the recomendations guys, I'm over at Victoria Point so the closest Ford Dealerships for me would probably be Bryan Byrt at Capalaba or even Mt.Gravatt.

Anyone had any good/bad dealings with these guys?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #14
oooooooooo

Hey mate i'm at Wellington pt and i don't know about servicing but the new car sales department at Capalaba is crap. I know more about their cars than they do.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Thanks for all the recomendations guys, I'm over at Victoria Point so the closest Ford Dealerships for me would probably be Bryan Byrt at Capalaba or even Mt.Gravatt.

bryan byrt mt.gravatt is new sales and used cars only,all service and pre-deivery work is all done 3km away at bryan byrt mansfield, open from 7.30am to midnight monday-friday. my dealer told me capalaba,mt gravatt,tingalpa are controlled by mansfield office. i got my xr6turbo ute from mt gravatt and had a good experience with them.

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Torque For at Strathpine and Northlakes are great, Steer well clear of the greedy cowboys at Byrne Ford though, They have no ethics and the service advisors lie straight to your face. (I have documentation to prove this and have done so to thier service manager to the tune of about $450 worth of work they claim to have done which was never done)

EDIT: I thought better of it and removed the name of the service advisor
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

See Sonya at Bryan Byrt, shes helpful
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #18
mean & green
EL XR6

+1 for denmac darra for me too!!

allways look after my baby
mean & green is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #19
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Torque For at Strathpine and Northlakes are great, Steer well clear of the greedy cowboys at Byrne Ford though, They have no ethics and the service advisors lie straight to your face. (I have documentation to prove this and have done so to thier service manager to the tune of about $450 worth of work they claim to have done which was never done)

EDIT: I thought better of it and removed the name of the service advisor
Strathpine YES
Northlakes - NO way on earth is my car going to darken their door step again even though it is only a 2 min drive from home

Torque Ford Strathpine and Metro Ford get the cars now
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #20
ovl351
Boost Happy

Had a dealer service done at Metro and they were OK but always busy and you have to book early.
When I had a warranty issue, Southside Ford took my car and repaired it on the same day I first called and their service was excellent.
ovl351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 PM   #21
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
See Sonya at Bryan Byrt, shes helpful
is she the hottie blonde chick that hangs out in the service bay desk?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #22
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b boy
Is she at Capalaba or Mansfield?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #23
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80

ive had bad dealings with bryan byrt at wecker rd mansfield, But ive had very very good dealing with southside ford at the Gabba.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b boy
Yeh i think you got it barry, she is pretty but not only that she knows how to look after the customer!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #25
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I didn't realise with Ford Servicing is how much difference there is in cost between dealers for the very same thing!

Some dealers were up to $100 dearer or 33% more than other dealers for the 15,000km service on my XR4, what the hell is that all about, surely they "should" all be exactly the same cost?

Which begs the question, how is Ford HQ allowing this price difference for servicing between dealers to even take place? ..... obviously they are not price controlled by Ford themselves at all.

For the record I ended up getting it done at Bryan Byrt Capalaba, cost $290 whereas others wanted close to $400!!

I thought $290 was too dear as it was, all they basically do is change the oil and filter, all the other things detailed in the service are things like fluid level checks, but $400 ... they got to be kidding!

This new car servicing is a licence to print money for dealers ... "what a rip", all to get a stamp in the book to preserve warranty .... I'll almost be glad when the warranty is over and I can do it all myself.
Old 17-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #26
Late braker

Hello all, my first post here...

My main concern is do you miss out on any engine managemnt updates that the dealer networks would access if you go elsewhere?

Is it really critical to have the latest updates? Any ides appreciated.
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
Scott

SSF for me. Personally I will never step foot into Byrne Ford ever, ever again.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
scott_bfxr6
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooooooo
Hey mate i'm at Wellington pt and i don't know about servicing but the new car sales department at Capalaba is crap. I know more about their cars than they do.

thats strange because i have dealt with the new car guys there a few times and always found them to be helpful with plenty of knowledge on the product.
scott_bfxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post