Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default Fitting a Trip Computer - Focus LR.

Guys,

I did a search of the Forums on Trip Computers I can't seem to find the specific info I require.

Once again I was querying the Service Dept. at a Ford Dealer and the guy said "it might take 10 minutes or it might take an hour" after I asked them how long do they think it requires to fit a Trip Computer to my Focus LR. I've got a LX and a Trip Computer is an option btw.

He was less than enthuistastic to find the correct info for me and surely they've done them before and I thought if they hadn't, why couldn't he have the initiative to find out for me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Seeing that it's an option, and the LR wiring looms seem to be very generous standard (ie footwell lighting), I'd say the trip computer wiring is already behind the dash, and the trip computer unit itself just needs to be popped in.

I'm guestimating though.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks BlackLS. This is exactly what I was thinking. A Trip Computer is definitely on my to-do list and I might be able to get it before Small Ford Sunday.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Ed, why didn't you just come straight to me?!! Pardon for the immense thread mining...

I'd be shocked to be honest if ANYONE had has a trip computer fitted. It wasn't a factory option, just fitted standard to Ghia and no other models.

We discovered that Zetecs have footwell wiring for lamps and also has dash wiring for the trip computer, but wihtout puling the LX dash cluster out I wouldn't know if you have it for your LX. I guess you do have the footwell lamps... we might be onto a winner. Normally it's taped up on the back left of the cluster. Tricky to find but if you've done it once before like me, easy...

It takes about 10 minutes to install. In the Dealer's defence, I wouldn't expect them to know. They never see LR Ghias and possibly have never seen a Focus Trip computer in their lives.

You'll need the following parts:

Dash surround including Trip computer Fascia - 98AB10K947BEYY
Tripminder Module - 2M5T10D885EB
Left Hand Info Indicator stalk (Info button on tip) - 98AG13335BG
Front temerature sensor for external temp display - F8RZ15A022AA

You also techcnially need the front washer bottle and sensor, but it's a PITA to replace and not really worth it.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks Mate. P.M. Sent.