Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Top Gear Aus Filming

anyone get tickets? i just received an email saying i've been selected to come along. Tuesday 14th April, 5.45pm. 3 mates comin along too

I cant wait!! i just hope its nothing like the filming of funniest home videos - i went to one of them and i was about to tear my eyeballs out by the end..

Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Paxton
Cobblers!

I'm there next tuesday.

For the First episode. Should be interesting to see how Morrison goes in place of Cocks.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully we'll. 's tried a bit too hard, i dont think morisson would make the same mistake.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Hopefully we'll. 's tried a bit too hard, i dont think morisson would make the same mistake.

Hopefully We'll what?

I think you mean well, without the apostrophe.

I was there on the night Morrison was the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car. He played up for the audience, and was both funny and genuinely nice. Cocks (yes, I'm spelling it wrong so it can get through the swear filter) wouldn't even talk to the audience, unlike Brown and Pizzati, both of whom I had a good chat to.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Hopefully he will be given the freedom to be himself and not a ClarksonCloneWannaBe
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
anyone get tickets? i just received an email saying i've been selected to come along. Tuesday 14th April, 5.45pm. 3 mates comin along too

I cant wait!! i just hope its nothing like the filming of funniest home videos - i went to one of them and i was about to tear my eyeballs out by the end..
Surely seeing Shelly is worth sitting through all those crap videos though???
Old 03-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Hopefully it will get cancelled.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Hopefully We'll what?

I think you mean well, without the apostrophe.

I was there on the night Morrison was the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car. He played up for the audience, and was both funny and genuinely nice. Cocks (yes, I'm spelling it wrong so it can get through the swear filter) wouldn't even talk to the audience, unlike Brown and Pizzati, both of whom I had a good chat to.
the swear filter took my Cocks out lol. i think somthing went along with it, cant remember what i wrote

i have faith in morrison though, i think he'll be great. i hope they dont dress him like clarkson like they did with Cocks. He looked and tried to act exactly the same..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Surely seeing Shelly is worth sitting through all those crap videos though???
no, definately not :(
Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Yawn" ... why bother?

If I wanted to watch Top Gear .... I'd watch the real and genuine article.

I watched a couple of the Top Gear Oz episodes of the last series ... what a total embarrassment.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
Why would you want that? it isn't as if we are missing out on UK Top Gear, and it is our only decent local car show, sure it isn't a scratch on the original, but it is still a hell of a lot better than some of the other local offerings we have had.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
"Yawn" ... why bother?

If I wanted to watch Top Gear .... I'd watch the real and genuine article.

I watched a couple of the Top Gear Oz episodes of the last series ... what a total embarrassment.
I don't think the title of the thread was "robjh80 please come with me to top gear filming".

Well yes the show may have been embarrassing, but that's what make the show. It's not the original. No Clarkson, May or Hammond. They are english and we are Australian, and they gave it the thumbs up, so it can't be half bad if they like it.

I say if you don't like it, then don't watch it. Lack of ratings will see it die, by watching it, you only prolong it's life.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev

I received an email saying the same thing for the 14th; tonight got another one for the 16th as well.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
escapin

registered but no emails lol
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I don't think the title of the thread was "robjh80 please come with me to top gear filming".

Well yes the show may have been embarrassing, but that's what make the show. It's not the original. No Clarkson, May or Hammond. They are english and we are Australian, and they gave it the thumbs up, so it can't be half bad if they like it.

I say if you don't like it, then don't watch it. Lack of ratings will see it die, by watching it, you only prolong it's life.
I was expecting to get completely Flamed for my prior comments which in turn allows me to reply in same ... and so the fun and banter begins ...

What I "wasn't expecting" was a well written, non-confrontational and articulate response from an actual real life adult

Now what do I do? .... I'm completely stumped ... :

Well done mate, good post, I think I'll just ... :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Why would you want that? it isn't as if we are missing out on UK Top Gear, and it is our only decent local car show, sure it isn't a scratch on the original, but it is still a hell of a lot better than some of the other local offerings we have had.

Sorry my friend, but they should never have attempted it.

Sometimes, these things should just be left alone because the original is usually the reason for the popularity. I could go on...and on...and on...and... sleep: ..*wakes up*...about the reasons but I won't because we've all covered them to death on this forum anyway.

Opportunity was there, but they blew it. I won't be watching anymore.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:

At least i can now sleep tonight knowing that
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #17
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
At least i can now sleep tonight knowing that
sleep:

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #18
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I actually liked it, it had relevance to us with the Falcon/Commodore reviews and tests, even though you could hint some bias and crappy testing, it was still good seeing local stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #19
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Sorry my friend, but they should never have attempted it.

Sometimes, these things should just be left alone because the original is usually the reason for the popularity. I could go on...and on...and on...and... sleep: ..*wakes up*...about the reasons but I won't because we've all covered them to death on this forum anyway.

Fine don't watch it, nobody really cares if you watch it or not, but you saying cancel it is different, that is you trying to deprive others from something they enjoy, why would anybody really want to do that?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
Fine don't watch it, nobody really cares if you watch it or not, but you saying cancel it is different, that is you trying to deprive others from something they enjoy, why would anybody really want to do that?
Hit a raw nerve have I?

I am all for a local content, local oriented motoring show that does not make me cringe with embarrassment and try very poorly to imitate something that it shouldn't. A show that does not put me to sleep with road test of the latest Prado, X-Trail or Camry...there's already one for the cardigan wearers on a commercial channel....a show such as the one I speak has been long overdue since The Ferrett was taken off the air, in around 1980 or something.

If the format was changed, get rid of that Steve dingbat and have a genuine go at producing something enjoyably Australian, technically interesting AND not turn into a yobbo fest...then let me know when it starts. But if it stays the same format with only a single change in presenter? You will find it is just more than me tuning out.

Don't get too upset, forums are supposed to encourage debate, not promote slanging matches like the one about to start between you and I by the sounds and one which I'd rather avoid. I am entitled to my opinion same as you: I mean you no malice. And I am not so naive as to believe someone would seriously lose sleep over my humble opinion...except the producers maybe, but I seriously doubt it.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
The Monty
Just slidin'

Again, if its not your kind of show, dont watch it, but dont go somewhere and whinge trying to get it taken off the air to deprive others of a show THEY want to watch.
Theres a se of buttons on your remote control saying
/\
Channel
\/
Use the top button.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #22
GT0336
GT Pilot

I don't mind the Aussie Top Gear, can be a bit of a "yobbo fest" but it’s a franchise, its not meant to compete with the original. I'm all for the show, its better the watching re-runs of the UK Top Gear that we have already seen before. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
LOWERED WITH BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS SPRINGS, CUSTOM QUAD EXHAUST, PACEMAKER HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, CAI, 80MM THROTTLE BODY, SHAKER, FACTORY SAT NAV, REVERSE CAMERA, CUSTOM ALPINE/DLS SOUND SYSTEM. CUSTOM GT-P LEATHER SEATS BY LEATHER-FX.
TUNED BY SPIRO AT AUTOTECH - 287.9 RWKW
Build Thread

2009 SY FPV F6X

2017 Mustang GT
GT0336 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Again, if its not your kind of show, dont watch it, but dont go somewhere and whinge trying to get it taken off the air to deprive others of a show THEY want to watch.
/\
Channel
\/
Use the top button.
Yeah, but thats channel 31 there is never anything good on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #24
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The topic is regarding tickets, we have had enough debate over the content of show over numerous threads.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #25
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
/\
Channel
\/
Use the top button.

sigh...oh dear...here we go...I did not want to rabbit on about this but seeing as I hit a raw nerve with all Steve's relatives and you have decided to pick on me and not the others who don't share your enthusiasm; let me rephrase what I meant:

"I for one do not like it in it's current format and would like it to be re-invented as a good show with more technical insight and interesting road tests including locations, vehicles and humor...then I would watch it...just my opinion"

Better or worse?

Boy you lot are touchy...it's like I stole your tricycle and smashed all your marbles with a hammer...I actually WANT to watch the show you know...but in it's current format I can't...it feels too slapped together, "over-Aussied" and it lacks genuine humor, the "track" is useless and not well thought out and to date the road tests have been really, REALLY pointless (and I don't mean Clarkson FUNNY pointless) and gave no insight into the true nature and intent of the cars and more importantly, no wait MOST IMPORTANTLY the presenters have made the most simple of mistakes: they expected the viewer to give them the same respect and leeway that they give Jeremy, Hamster and the Captain...sorry but the Aussie guys have to earn my devotion and not expect it instantly just because the credits say Top Gear.

5th Gear, just as an example; have managed to create a show that is every bit as good (in some ways better AND been around longer) without plagiarizing (not talking about naming rights here so calm down) but by creating a unique environment...and besides...Vicky is a bit of alright and she can steer...

If it stays on the air in it's current format then you will not be deprived of your weekly dose and I will be proved wrong...a win for you I think, agreed?

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 05-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #26
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The topic is regarding tickets, we have had enough debate over the content of show over numerous threads.

...I know...I know...I said that up the top...but...

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 05-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #27
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

guys if you dont like it dont watch it - i dont give a flying fart but this is not what the topics about so rack off and moan somewhere else.

Í just got another email about tickets for the 16th aswell ill be goin to that aswell
Old 05-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #28
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
sigh...oh dear...here we go...I did not want to rabbit on about this but seeing as I hit a raw nerve with all Steve's relatives and you have decided to pick on me and not the others who don't share your enthusiasm; let me rephrase what I meant:

"I for one do not like it in it's current format and would like it to be re-invented as a good show with more technical insight and interesting road tests including locations, vehicles and humor...then I would watch it...just my opinion"

Better or worse?

Boy you lot are touchy...it's like I stole your tricycle and smashed all your marbles with a hammer...I actually WANT to watch the show you know...but in it's current format I can't...it feels too slapped together, "over-Aussied" and it lacks genuine humor, the "track" is useless and not well thought out and to date the road tests have been really, REALLY pointless (and I don't mean Clarkson FUNNY pointless) and gave no insight into the true nature and intent of the cars and more importantly, no wait MOST IMPORTANTLY the presenters have made the most simple of mistakes: they expected the viewer to give them the same respect and leeway that they give Jeremy, Hamster and the Captain...sorry but the Aussie guys have to earn my devotion and not expect it instantly just because the credits say Top Gear.

5th Gear, just as an example; have managed to create a show that is every bit as good (in some ways better AND been around longer) without plagiarizing (not talking about naming rights here so calm down) but by creating a unique environment...and besides...Vicky is a bit of alright and she can steer...

If it stays on the air in it's current format then you will not be deprived of your weekly dose and I will be proved wrong...a win for you I think, agreed?
tl;dr

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #29
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bringing it back...

Wonderful wife got me tix for the 16th April.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #30
Paxton
Cobblers!

I'm just back from the First Episode's filming. This season is far better than the first, comedy devoid season.

Firstly, we see Warren take over the lead role, Morrison and Pizzati have the more serious driving roles - Lamborghini Murcielago, BMW 135i (awesome car, I've driven one), and a Lancer EVO. Star in the Reasonably Priced car is Mr Schnozz himself (for those who don't know, it's Mark Skaife), and the What Were They Thinking board became rubble underneath a Mini Moke (yes, that one). The morons forgot to take the Petrol and oils out of the Moke, so when it dropped, the petrol leaked, and stunk out the whole studio, and the Oils bled all over the audience and the ground. I got a couple of souvenirs off the board after it was crushed, the P76, and Renault Vel Satis.

We finally get a walk around of the track, and most of the other quibbles with the first season are rectified. I walked away exhausted, but, compared to the crap that they dished out last year, this is much, much better.