Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Lightbulb Holden Bashing!

Since the defection of T8 to Holden I have noticed a heck of alot of Holden Bashing.

Like a Lench Mob on the loose and on the prowl, searching, for a thread (and there are lots) to lay the boot into the arch rival.

I personaly don't care and don't really have an issue.

I visit a few car forums from time to time including Holden ones too and I see them saying the same thing but for no reason really, just mindless and senseless dribble.

So the question beckons, is there a slight chance we are getting as bad as the Holden bogans?

out:

Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you answered your own question in your last sentence.
Old 31-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally do not give a crap if 888 has gone to Holden.
REality is that many people would not even be aware of V8SC results, and I question whether the results on the track have any significant bearing on sales anymore.

Also, I question whether drivers race for the badge, or themselves.

If 888 think they'll be better off by switching camps, then best wishes to them. Life goes on.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

You will always get bias in a FORD or HOLDEN or what ever single branded forum

The same amount of bias is present as there was when FF.com was something to visit so long ago I was just a wee lad

There is more FORD bashing in these forums than LS1.com bashing FORDS

There will always be more bias present when there is an issue with the dark side

14 threads on T8 ia plenty .....

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Cool story hansel.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Also, I question whether drivers race for the badge, or themselves.
Perfect answer...... for J.W...... I've never seen more of a "switcher" in my life.
But J Dub's answer is always "Ford never came to the party, so why should I".

Problem with this whole thing of T8, J.Dub / CL, Ford, Holden and Roland, have brought the Fans with them in this cult of a sport.

The fans are divided, because a change of heart was quicker than you can say "BS".

I reckon if the T8 boys had of mentioned all this about 1-2 races before the end of the season, every Ford Fan would be saddened, but life goes on.
But because T8 switched mid season, and J.Dub was drooling of the new GMH car (as in to twist the knife while it was in), just makes us Fans feel duped.

V8SC (Avesco) have made this sport an "in your face" type of sport, as in you can get so in and personal to the sport, it's like you are driving with them.

The downside to this, is when a hiccup happens, such as this, it goes belly up and brings every passionate fan to the knees and divides us even more (e.g Like "splittergate").

AVESCO, need their heads read lately, due to some things going really balmy.
E.g
J.Dub "should have" received a drive thru, Mezera just uttered total crap when he babbled J.Dub's driving style.
The handling of "SplitterGate" and the Parity issue.
If there is 20 Holdens versus 10 Fords on the grid, where's the PARITY?

It really seems that T8 (Roland) and Ford's pub brawl has spilled out in to the street, so the outside people can also join in and that's what's happened.
A business gone sour has now involved innocent bystanders who now feel they are involved.
Where as AVESCO has done nothing to protect the Bystanders. So in my view, let the fans view the points to Ford, T8 and AVESCO, for bringing the sport into disrepute.
Un-Australian.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

As racers, C.L. and J.W. couldn't give a toss if they had to race a beige prius as long as it was competitve and got them on the podium.
They race to win and get there names in the record books.
Along with it comes the money and fame.
V8 Super doopers is purely business.
Its the mugs in the stands that think the brands matters.
Old 31-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #8
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo

Like a Lench Mob on the loose and on the prowl, searching, for a thread (and there are lots) to lay the boot into the arch rival.

out:
Linch mob
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
amb1206

Lynch mob
amb1206 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
Perfect answer...... for J.W...... I've never seen more of a "switcher" in my life.
But J Dub's answer is always "Ford never came to the party, so why should I".

Problem with this whole thing of T8, J.Dub / CL, Ford, Holden and Roland, have brought the Fans with them in this cult of a sport.

The fans are divided, because a change of heart was quicker than you can say "BS".

I reckon if the T8 boys had of mentioned all this about 1-2 races before the end of the season, every Ford Fan would be saddened, but life goes on.
But because T8 switched mid season, and J.Dub was drooling of the new GMH car (as in to twist the knife while it was in), just makes us Fans feel duped.

V8SC (Avesco) have made this sport an "in your face" type of sport, as in you can get so in and personal to the sport, it's like you are driving with them.

The downside to this, is when a hiccup happens, such as this, it goes belly up and brings every passionate fan to the knees and divides us even more (e.g Like "splittergate").

AVESCO, need their heads read lately, due to some things going really balmy.
E.g
J.Dub "should have" received a drive thru, Mezera just uttered total crap when he babbled J.Dub's driving style.
The handling of "SplitterGate" and the Parity issue.
If there is 20 Holdens versus 10 Fords on the grid, where's the PARITY?

It really seems that T8 (Roland) and Ford's pub brawl has spilled out in to the street, so the outside people can also join in and that's what's happened.
A business gone sour has now involved innocent bystanders who now feel they are involved.
Where as AVESCO has done nothing to protect the Bystanders. So in my view, let the fans view the points to Ford, T8 and AVESCO, for bringing the sport into disrepute.
Un-Australian.
Probably the best sum up I have read about this over the last couple of days
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i couldnt care what badge a car has these days, in it for the fun
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #12
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Like I said to the nuggets at work:nothing we can do by complaining about it, so WHO CARES
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can i just say, I hope ford completely pulls the pin on V8SC's and puts that money back into its own company. Sure it'll appear that ford has picked up its bat and ball and gone home (from the holden standpoint) but who really gives a toss? V8SC wouldn't last a single season without Ford, and as far as im concerned (not a V8SC fan) in this current economic climate, Let Holden dump millions into a V8 series that does nothing for there actual vehicles. Let Ford walk away and put that money into buying everyone icecream or something (hell everyone likes Ice cream)

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1206
Lynch mob
Yes, what he said
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #15
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Well said GT69 no point spending money on something like this when there is a cash crisis and it's more of a frivolous luxury than it needs to be. Don't anyone get me wrong I love V8SC but sometimes you need to let things go to make way for the big picture.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #16
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
Can i just say, I hope ford completely pulls the pin on V8SC's and puts that money back into its own company. Sure it'll appear that ford has picked up its bat and ball and gone home (from the holden standpoint) but who really gives a toss? V8SC wouldn't last a single season without Ford, and as far as im concerned (not a V8SC fan) in this current economic climate, Let Holden dump millions into a V8 series that does nothing for there actual vehicles. Let Ford walk away and put that money into buying everyone icecream or something (hell everyone likes Ice cream)
Have wondered about this a few times myself lately.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cruze the LS1 online world - and those guys bash even the slightest pro Ford Comment.
Yes we have fervour here. but it is not bashing like in LS1 land.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 AM   #18
BHDOGS
Banned

Ford should pull out of v8sc already its a boring old race with the same cars with diffrent engines big whoop and if they drivers are in it just to win and get rich then dump them and get some ford enthusiasts to drive if they crash more and lose at least it will be interesting instead of watching a bunch of money hungry no brand loyalty losers race around a track and get rich by jumping on any band wagon that pays them more money.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
I cruze the LS1 online world - and those guys bash even the slightest pro Ford Comment.
Yes we have fervour here. but it is not bashing like in LS1 land.

Never mind, there always seems to be more Holden threads in this forum than on LS1 anyway.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #20
Mr X
mustang pilot

I think its good to have a healthy respect for the opposition.
Away from the racing side of things-if Ford packed its tent and stopped making Falcons,I know what I'd be driving.
The V8 VE as a road car is not a bad thing.Conversely the V6 is a stinker.
12-15 hours to do timing chains,5 hours to change the thermostat and one of the hardest cars around to bleed air out of the cooling system.
The HSV stuff is pretty good I believe and only someone with total one eyed bias wouldn't concede that.

flame suit on?????
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #21
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I go on both forums since we have both cars, there's no doubt in my mind Ford fans in general are more full of hate and bias against the other make than Holden fans. The general idea on a Ford site is "All Holdens are shi_t " you even get people say a VE Commodore is the worst car they have ever driven....... I mean really.

However on a Holden site you will see... "Some Falcons are shi_t" (which in reality they were) but.... BA-BF are awesome for example. It's not so black and white.

True about the LS1 owners, but they are even looked down on by most other Holden owners due to their superiority complex
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
ltd
Force Fed Fords

What can't be cured must be endured.
Move on, nothing to see here. V8SC races always put me to sleep anyway.

Quote: