Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Fevola out - Good call/Bad call?
Good call 42 56.00%
Bad call 33 44.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Fevola out! Good call/Bad call?

are all sports slowly getting rid of the larrikins? symonds out of the aussie cricket team, now fevola gone. sure he does some stupid stuff but given he's kicked the best part of 100 goals in the last few years, + stayed drink free this season as per contract, i think they are cutting off their nose despite their face.

i don't follow any particular team but i believe there is still a lot of room in the game for a big full forward type player.

bad call for me.

prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bloody good call.

With Matty Lloyd retiring Essendon needs a new power forward.

Come on Knights, get this one right and pick him up lol.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Terrible call on Carlton's behalf, good for the rest of the clubs though. They are lacking a power forward now, bit silly to throw away their leading goal kicker, and financially, not a good move either.
Old 30-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

It had to be done IMO. Similar to the Cousins scenario. He might be a good player but Fevola has stuffed up too many times now.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About time, every few days you hear about some stupid football idiot doing something stupid, gets caught some how, gets a huge fine and banned from games, then does it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again etc. About time they said enough is enough we're sick of dealing with you tools. I hate football with a passion so thats my understanding of the situation.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

personally i think he's an ordinary aussie bloke. who hasn't got on the turps and done stupid things. the public put him up on a pedestal and then complain when he falls off.

during the season, he was pretty well behaved i thought, compared to previous years.

he will find another home, of that there is no doubt. names being thrown around already are sydney and port.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He got drunk, mucked up.. big deal, he didnt punch on, take drugs or kill anyone.

That said ive never been able to understand how Carlton let him stay on the Footy show because he allways came across as the village idiot, i think he did more damage to Carlton (and his own image) on the footy show that at the Brownlow.

Ive also never been able to understand why Footy clubs, above other employers, are responsible for their employee's actions when they're outside of work... imagine a kid from Coles getting the boot because he got a skin load the night before and got locked up.

Old 30-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
he didnt punch on,
Word on the street is that there was a slight incident on Brownlow night that has not ben aired.

And he has had fights in the past.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Carlton just comitted suicide.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shocking, Blues have a premiership winning structure, they need to keep him.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
falzoony
Rockin '67

Now Judd has to kick all the goals aswell!
It's a shame they got rid of him as the team was finally getting itself together and IMO Fev was a part of that. I was hoping they would be a good top 8 side next year, the die-hard fans deserve it. Seems like a step back.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
rodderz

He can still be playing with Carlton next year- if they don't get a fair trade deal with another club they can offer Fev a new deal at a reduced price....could be smart but also bad in losing a good foreward.

A good player but as dumb as a post...on the footy show he tried to be smart like sammy but ended up looking like an idiot.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
He can still be playing with Carlton next year- if they don't get a fair trade deal with another club they can offer Fev a new deal at a reduced price....could be smart but also bad in losing a good foreward.

A good player but as dumb as a post...on the footy show he tried to be smart like sammy but ended up looking like an idiot.
That's a good point, and it might also be a ploy by Carlton to give him a wake up as its still 100% Carltons choice if they trade him or keep him even now.

Ive also heard a whisper they might do a deal with Collingwood for Cloke...

Old 30-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
just_pazz
Ford Convert

i think it's great.... cos now hopefully the pies can recruit a decent power forward.... and hopefully at a bargain price. No you know what, thyey should even throw in cloak... for free that is.

I know I'd take 90 goals a year if I were running a football club. Decent sides with power forwards like fev win premierships. Carlton are idiots.
just_pazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #15
rodderz

Quote:

Ive also heard a whisper they might do a deal with Collingwood for Cloke...
He's a good mate of Eddie's and the last week on radio he's been saying he's been councelling him through it since the brownlow night...maybe some groundwork to play for the pies and replace Rocca?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #16
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Bloody good call.

Heck yes.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #17
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

He knows he stuffed up big time this time, Carlton should have got him some professional help rather than letting him go, I'm sure he would have tried his best to ensure it would not happen again.

Carltons loss, a gain for another team.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Is there a team that could afford to fit him under their salary cap? He would be on big money.

The way I see it is Carlton could never win a premiership with someone like him anyway, his attitude is pathetic. If things don't go his way he carries on like an idiot and goes to pieces, not someone you can build a premiership team around.

I think he deserves whatever he gets, its not the fact he got tanked and made an idiot of himself, its the fact he has done it so many times and he knew he was on his last chance. If he's that dumb he doesn't deserve to play at all.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #19
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

hopefully this is the turning point for him.. knowing he has done the wrong thing.
EVEN though he's stuffed up many times before. the last straw has been drawn.

and if Port pick him up.. ima outta Adelaide!
ToxikXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ive also never been able to understand why Footy clubs, above other employers, are responsible for their employee's actions when they're outside of work... imagine a kid from Coles getting the boot because he got a skin load the night before and got locked up.
Because with their large pay-packets comes their public profile and image, which flows onto the football club. Football clubs want to be portrayed as family-friendly. If you had a young child following Carlton wearing the number 25 on their back, would you want them looking up to a drunken clown?

At the Brownlow Medal, Fevola was representing Carlton and acted like an idiot.

I think it's a great move that Carlton is actually putting him up for trade. Even if he isn't traded, Fevola will now realise that he's as expendable as anybody.

He's had that many chances, and even after becoming a father and turning 28 he still acts like a 15 year old. What a moron. He just doesn't get it.

I hope he writes a book...'I like Happy Juice'. I am sure the kids will love it. They can emulate that too, because after all, it isn't a big deal. :

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #21
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Bloody good call.

I was saying the exact same thing to my mates.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #22
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Carlton had to act. How many chances do you give a bloke ?? He's a bit like Matty Richardson. When things don't go right for him he spits the dummy........ The team is bigger than the individual......... know matter how many goals he kicks.........
Old 01-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #23
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Good player or not his actions over a number of years make him a liability to the club and possibly to the game as well.

Not that the media should be let off the hook for interviewing an obviously drunken individual and then airing that interview. It's gutter journalism at best.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #24
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The way I see it is Carlton could never win a premiership with someone like him anyway, his attitude is pathetic. If things don't go his way he carries on like an idiot and goes to pieces, not someone you can build a premiership team around.

100% agree. As a lifelong Carlton supporter, Fevs tantrums and hot and cold game play is enough reason to trade him. For the money he is paid to be a proffesional footballer it is not good enough to spit the dummy if things don't go his way. He can win or lose a game for the blues and you never know which.

To me the fact that he makes a public fool of himself and the club is important but secondary.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #25
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I think it's a great move that Carlton is actually putting him up for trade. Even if he isn't traded, Fevola will now realise that he's as expendable as anybody.
spot on!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #26
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Because with their large pay-packets comes their public profile and image, which flows onto the football club. Football clubs want to be portrayed as family-friendly. If you had a young child following Carlton wearing the number 25 on their back, would you want them looking up to a drunken clown?

At the Brownlow Medal, Fevola was representing Carlton and acted like an idiot.

He's had that many chances, and even after becoming a father and turning 28 he still acts like a 15 year old. What a moron. He just doesn't get it.

I hope he writes a book...'I like Happy Juice'. I am sure the kids will love it. They can emulate that too, because after all, it isn't a big deal. :
Agree with you on that, but i feel if he wasn't positioned so prominently under the media's nose we wouldn't hear about most of this, his involvement with the footyshow has exposed his lack of grey matter, and Carlton should have kept him away from the spotlight because blind freddy could see years ago he comes across as a dumb "jock"..
Carlton have made it hard for themselves by contracting him without "out" clauses..
For the money he's paid the club doesn't get enough in return from him in peripheral stuff like image etc.
Im not sure how he fits in at the club from a work ethic point of view either..
He might be able to kick goals but if he's a negative influence he'll be like a cancer there.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #27
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Good player or not his actions over a number of years make him a liability to the club and possibly to the game as well.

Not that the media should be let off the hook for interviewing an obviously drunken individual and then airing that interview. It's gutter journalism at best.

Cheers
Russ
I couldn't agree more.
The standard of our media seems to be continuing on with this sort of slide.

That being said, it is up to the Individual, well known or not, to take resposibility for there actions. As this sort of story IS run with by the media and blown up often, the players just simply ought to have enough brains to avoid the situation right?
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
are all sports slowly getting rid of the larrikins? symonds out of the aussie cricket team, now fevola gone. sure he does some stupid stuff but given he's kicked the best part of 100 goals in the last few years, + stayed drink free this season as per contract, i think they are cutting off their nose despite their face.

i don't follow any particular team but i believe there is still a lot of room in the game for a big full forward type player.

bad call for me.
Larrakin? He's a drunken knob who plays AFL.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #29
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I find it interesting that even though we are 6 months out from the 2010 season and the Grand Final of the 2009 season was only played a week ago Carlton is already tanking
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #30
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:
He might be able to kick goals but if he's a negative influence he'll be like a cancer there.

Spot on mate.

I'm a Carlton fan, I've got blue blood, but I think it's time to let him go and concentrate on a new forward that doesn't detract and distract fellow team members.
We will have a new full forward who ever that may be, and they will kick goals just like Fev did, it comes with the territory.

RG, no tanking for CARLTON, leave that to Collingwood. :
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post