Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
XT2XR

Default Another 17yr old youth driving stupidly in VIC

HAvent found all facts yet but heard part of fox news saying police caught a young driver driving late last night with no head lights on.

Am trying to find out more.

EDIT
Found this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/unl...-1225822013325

17 Year old Unlicensed Driver Caught With Full Car at Sunbury McDonalds

A 17 year old male driver with four teenage girls in his parent's car has been caught by police in Sunbury on Wednesday night after visiting McDonalds.

The youth had borrowed his parent's car to take a 30km drive from Romsey to Sunbury to pick up some fast food with the 16 year old girls.

Police on patrol saw the car in the main street of Sunbury at about 11pm on Wednesday, driving without headlights. The police then pulled the car over, only to find that the driver was not completely in control of the car, applying the handbrake instead of going into gear which resulted int he car rolling. Police have suggested that it was clear that the 17 year old didn't know how to drive.

The driver was issued with a penalty notice for driving without a licence and his parents were called to collect him in Sunbury.

This latest incident comes just days after a drunken driver crashed his car into a tree in Mill Park, killing himself and his four passengers. Police are becoming increasingly frustrated at the behaviour of young people on Victoria's roads.

Last edited by XT2XR; 21-01-2010 at 11:19 AM.
XT2XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

There's one part of the puzzle. More police on the roads.

Had they not been pulled up by plod, who knows what may have happened?

Those that get pulled over and booked by police consider themselves unlucky these days, not justifiably penalised for breaking the law. Instead, they drive around unlicenced, uninsured, drunk and like morons because the majority of policing done on our streets are done by cameras.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT2XR
HAvent found all facts yet but heard part of fox news saying police caught a young driver driving late last night with no head lights on.

Am trying to find out more.

EDIT
Found this
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/unl...-1225822013325

17 Year old Unlicensed Driver Caught With Full Car at Sunbury McDonalds

A 17 year old male driver with four teenage girls in his parent's car has been caught by police in Sunbury on Wednesday night after visiting McDonalds.

The youth had borrowed his parent's car to take a 30km drive from Romsey to Sunbury to pick up some fast food with the 16 year old girls.

Police on patrol saw the car in the main street of Sunbury at about 11pm on Wednesday, driving without headlights. The police then pulled the car over, only to find that the driver was not completely in control of the car, applying the handbrake instead of going into gear which resulted int he car rolling. Police have suggested that it was clear that the 17 year old didn't know how to drive.

The driver was issued with a penalty notice for driving without a licence and his parents were called to collect him in Sunbury.

This latest incident comes just days after a drunken driver crashed his car into a tree in Mill Park, killing himself and his four passengers. Police are becoming increasingly frustrated at the behaviour of young people on Victoria's roads.
I saw Sunbury and was like "Wow, thats really close to home!" then I realised the kid IS from my town.

No idea who it is though, theres heaps of morons in this town.

How they made it through those massive roundabouts in Goonawarra and Sunbury to get to Maccas without killing anybody is lucky. Theres always heaps of people in Sunbury at them.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

man all it took was maccas to get 4 girls in your car? if only i knew this at 17
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
man all it took was maccas to get 4 girls in your car? if only i knew this at 17
I hope you are being sarcastic, the youth don't need encouragement.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
kezzer

I'll admit I've driven on the road unlicensed. Around an empty industrial block at 10pm when I was 14 and the great ocean road at 5pm hah at 15. p plater friend had been bitten by snake, reached some scary speeds in that triton lol (scary for a 15 year old)

Both made me a better driver and lucky didn't get in trouble for either. Agree it's stupid what these kids did.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

.... and yet another case of why we also need some way of punishing the passengers who are stupid enough to get into a car with someone who is obvisouly incapable of tieing his own shoes.

Although, Maccas is where it's at for 16 year old these days now there open 24 hours!

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

One of my ex workmates son got into the car with an unlicensed, drunk and stoned driver and they got done by the cops, he got a $250 fine for just being in the car with them.

This was at Fawkner.
Old 21-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some child "do gooder" will blame macca's for being open and encouraging them to do that late at night...

Old 21-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
XT2XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
got done by the cops, he got a $250 fine for just being in the car with them.

This was at Fawkner.
And thats good to hear passengers need to cop it as well so it stops them getting into cars with brain dead drunk\stoned\stupid morons
XT2XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT2XR
And thats good to hear passengers need to cop it as well so it stops them getting into cars with brain dead drunk\stoned\stupid morons
Yeah the cop had a go at him and told him if he ever does it again he'd be in the Fawkner cemetary, the kid was in tears haha.

Job well done, I don't think he'll do that ever again.
Old 21-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what were the parents doing?

His learners should be torn up and his right to acquire a learners should be blocked until he turns 21.
Yes, that is harsh, but if there is a hard penalty that sucks, then some people won't partake in risk-taking behaviour. What is a penalty notice?

Should be charged with driving unlicensed, driving with passengers in car, reckless driving and auto theft.

Quote:
I hope you are being sarcastic, the youth don't need encouragement.
Of course it's sarcasm!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My sister got done with unlicensed driving on her Ls, she even caused an accident. She was at court and the guy before her got reamed on the same charge, big fine and threatened to go to jail on his next offence, yet my sister goes in, gets treated nice and gets off with $300 and no penalty. You'd think a law student would know better or get treated harsh.
Old 21-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
...his PRIVILEGE to acquire a learners should be blocked until he turns 21
More to the point.

But it won't stop unlicensed drivers, never has.

There are plenty of laws/restrictions/regulations in place already to try and kerb/reduce/punish stupidity, but there is no law to prevent it.

More training and education? Yep for sure, but more education along the lines of responsibility for actions and that actions have consequences, and make the consequences a punishment that is fitting and relevant. Might be a better start. JHMO.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this bloody dumb week??? Don't these kids read the paper watch TV or listen to the radio??? Don't the parents of these numbskulls read the paper watch TV or listen to the radio??? How long before we see the next big fatality concerning "non" law abiding citizens???

Ok here is a challenge, what can we now do collectively as a society or state to help keep this individual and his female counterparts alive for the next ten years until these people can mature and think for themselves? They are obviously not turned off from the current laws or the events of this week.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #16
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
Is this bloody dumb week??? Don't these kids read the paper watch TV or listen to the radio??? Don't the parents of these numbskulls read the paper watch TV or listen to the radio??? How long before we see the next big fatality concerning "non" law abiding citizens???

Ok here is a challenge, what can we now do collectively as a society or state to help keep this individual and his female counterparts alive for the next ten years until these people can mature and think for themselves? They are obviously not turned off from the current laws or the events of this week.
I feel your pain, and everyone DOES watch/listen to media, but the apathy stems from lack of accountability. Case in point:XCPWSF sister who got off very lightly.

I am and have always been in favour of shock & awe. Make them attend their local City Hospital Emergency Department on weekends and make them assist the staff on overnight shift for a month would be one of my humble suggestions.

Petition to change laws with regard to sentencing- stop sooking (not targeted at you specifically Bud Bud) that Civil liberties are encroached every time kid's (or anyone for that matter) get spoken to by police for doing something stupid...I could go on...and on...and on...

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 21-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's an interesting question for all to ponder.... when was the last time you heard about someone getting killed in a motor vehicle and it wasn't as a result of someone breaking the law....

Old 21-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #18
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Here's an interesting question for all to ponder.... when was the last time you heard about someone getting killed in a motor vehicle and it wasn't as a result of someone breaking the law....
It happens, but I see your point.

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
Old 21-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

yup looks like the silly season is draging on a bit this year for victorians

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #20
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
A good point but there is a difference between an accident and an incident. There is no doubt that people have died because somebody failed to look properly or misjudged a corner but these are accidents that sometimes belong to humans attempting to do the right thing but just getting it wrong. People inadvertently and more importantly unintentionally do make mistakes.

These other more recent events that have created such emotion are caused by individuals who don't care about you or me, think they are above the law or are just using the law as some sort of warped sport to see how long they can get away with it.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #21
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
...the apathy stems from lack of accountability.
Couldn't agree with you more! Again one should go back to these kids' parents and upbringing to get a better idea about where this lack of accountability manifests.

I'm sure you've heard many times about parents 'blaming the system' over something that - ultimately - the parent is responsible for to the child (eg: TV, Maccas, Driving, Alcohol consumption, etc...)

Perhaps the parents themselves should be ALSO held accountable for the kind of offences described earlier (ie: unlicensed/underage driving a vehicle).

And to make matters worse - Drunk driver crashes outside crash victim's funeral

:
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #22
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
I'll admit I've driven on the road unlicensed. Around an empty industrial block at 10pm when I was 14 and the great ocean road at 5pm hah at 15. p plater friend had been bitten by snake, reached some scary speeds in that triton lol (scary for a 15 year old)

Both made me a better driver and lucky didn't get in trouble for either. Agree it's stupid what these kids did.
You sound as stupid as some of these kids, sorry but if your willing to admit something like that on a forum where you no people think this kinda behaviour is stupid then well you aint any better than any of the stupid kids being caught lately
Old 21-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #23
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
I saw Sunbury and was like "Wow, thats really close to home!" then I realised the kid IS from my town.

No idea who it is though, theres heaps of morons in this town.

How they made it through those massive roundabouts in Goonawarra and Sunbury to get to Maccas without killing anybody is lucky. Theres always heaps of people in Sunbury at them.
I saw Sunbury and was like "Wow, that actually is my home town"!!

No suprise they got picked up too with how "out and about" the police are here.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #24
robbyg
72xa

i think maybe some of these kids really havent got parents, in the sense of broken down marriages, custoidial and non custoidial parents i am one of them so i can write with a bit of knowledge in this area. A lot of people in this situation from what i have seen just let there teenagers do what ever they want so they dont upset the apple cart just let them do what they want with no dicipline at all, dont know if that will ever change !!
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
gocruzin
Ford tragic

I blame the parents, they just aren't strict enough nowdays. I would have been strapped within an inch of my life for even thinking of pulling a stunt like that when i was his age.

Not saying my parents were sadists. I never got a thashing I didn't deserve and it always made me think twice about my actions afterwards.

Bring back corporal punishment.
Old 21-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #26
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
You sound as stupid as some of these kids, sorry but if your willing to admit something like that on a forum where you no people think this kinda behaviour is stupid then well you aint any better than any of the stupid kids being caught lately
Yeah because we all know going to macca's and saving your friends life are the same thing :

Last edited by kezzer; 21-01-2010 at 08:32 PM.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #27
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6AUS
I saw Sunbury and was like "Wow, that actually is my home town"!!

No suprise they got picked up too with how "out and about" the police are here.
How do you go with that bloody BP roundabout in peak hour? I hate that with a passion, that needs to be traffic lights I reckon.
Old 21-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #28
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocruzin
Bring back corporal punishment.
Oh really? What do you say about the 47 year old caught 6 times over the legal BAC limit who would have been subjected to said "corporal punishment"?

Not to mention:
Sex Offenders;
Murders;
Drug Dealers;

It's easy as a car orientated forum to focus on young people being trouble makers, as that is simply what we like to do, go crusing, partying, anything with a motor really, and we don't discuss as much the other spectrum of crimes which are mainly committed by the older generations if you watch the news.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #29
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyg
i think maybe some of these kids really havent got parents, in the sense of broken down marriages, custoidial and non custoidial parents i am one of them so i can write with a bit of knowledge in this area. A lot of people in this situation from what i have seen just let there teenagers do what ever they want so they dont upset the apple cart just let them do what they want with no dicipline at all, dont know if that will ever change !!
As I've said before, its about time parents are held responsible to a certain extent for their childrens actions. They should at least have a guardian who should be looking after them. Even the girls parents, for them being out that time of night. Its always other peoples fault when they get hurt or worse.

Perhaps it should be compulsory for parents to attend parenting classes, just like dog obedience classes teaches the owner about how to train their dog to be obedient. And aren't dog owners responsible for their dogs actions?

Quote:
How do you go with that bloody BP roundabout in peak hour? I hate that with a passion, that needs to be traffic lights I reckon.
There were lights there years ago, but they took them away and put in that roundabout. Just like most of the other stupid roundabouts there, they keep the local panel beaters well in business.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #30
platinumXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansal
Yeah I saw that, lucky Plod got him before he may have done a similar thing.

Monkey see, monkey do. :

Toys:
2008 BF2 RTV Ute