Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
shevek

Default first impressions

Loving the experience & the look.
Had to wait a month to get a blue zetec, arrived last week. It "replaces" a 2000 Astra which was okay but I spent a fortune (over $1000 a year) on (dealer) service and mech repairs. Hope to save a bit there.
Felt like down-sizing but Fiesta is the same width, 50kg lighter a bit shorter. It's the rounded corners & sloping bonnet that make it feel smaller. Raked screen & vast dashboard means a visit to tint-a-car.
Happy with rear drums & gear ratios around town, I dawdle in 3rd more than I should. Might be an issue in the country.
A taillight went after a few days. Minor but I feel a bit uneasy about build quality. ************ glovebox but the rest inside seems fine.
Taking it easy with the engine, handles and rides well, quiet.
So far, so good.

shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I've had my Zetec for close to a year now, and it's still going perfectly. I think the build quality is great inside, you can see where money has been saved but it's generally in areas that you don't touch, although the plastic on the centre display unit is horrid. Give it time and it'll warm to you, trust me. The first few weeks i felt "disconnected" from the car, my previous WP Fiesta Zetec just felt more edgy and exciting, but the MK7 is a warmer and it'll grown on you! So much so when you finally do scrape the front bar you'll almost be in tears!

Good luck, and again great purchase!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A month is pretty good.. Some of the members here waited over 3 months for theirs to come!

The windscreen in summer is a killer, you will need a sunscreen visor!

I agree there are a few spots where the plastic has a cheap feel, but if you come from a kia, getz, barina.... well there is no comparison... Especially when you close the door of the Fez.. Those getz doors sound like ice cream container lids closing!

Hope you enjoy your time with the Fez!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #4
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep I found the biggest problem with the car as far as comfort goes in the slope of the front window. If you are going on a long trip (we drove it 5,000km in 5 days a few weeks back) You really need white cloths on as if you are sitting outside in the sun. Because in the Summer the sun will be shining on your legs for most of the day, gets a bit old after 10 hours driving. Apart from that it's a very easy car to drive 10 hours a day without getting tired etc, even powering through mountain ranges
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post