Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Future of Victorian number plates

Reading an article today regarding the new Liberal Government in Victoria wanting to put their mark on things. Namely our number plates. For almost a decade it's been Victoria - The Place To Be. What's next, I'm not sure, they're asking for submissions.

But this made me wonder what Victoria is gonna do when they reach the end of their number series.. does anyone know? It's likely to happen within the next two years. We've been using 3-letters - 3 numbers this whole time starting with G in the 60's and have since used up H, I, J, K, L then between 1978 and 1995 they've used A, B, C, D, E, F. Then from 1995, started at N all the way up to the current Y series (eg: YDS-032). With M reserved for government cars/cops etc and V reserved for heritage plates it leaves only a handful of Y's and Z's left. Anyone know what's next?? We chew through them so fast.

Also, while we're speculating anyone got a suggestion either serious or otherwise for the new Baillieu slogan??

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post