Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
carguy92
Starter Motor

Default 0-100km help!

Hey Everyone,
I have a 78 Ford Thunderbird that I have had for years. I have done nothing to it as I have been planning a rebuild. Engine wise, I was going to stick with the ford 400 but am swapping to a 460. The car is 3400lbs with the 400 so add on a fair amount for the 460 ( will be changing to ally heads/intake).

What I want to know is, with 4.11 gears or whatever necessary, can I get this car 0-100 in under 5 seconds? I would prefer as close to 4.5 as possible and the engine can top out at 120km. I want the engine to be strong but I'm not sure as to the power figures needed for this feat. I was assuming around 430hp at 5000 and 520-530lbs at 3500-4000. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

carguy92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default Re: 0-100km help!

So you want it to rev at 4800rpm on the highway @ 100km/h?
Old 18-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 0-100km help!

You don't need 4.11s with a 460...

It'll go well regardless. If you want a traffic light racer, maybe something smaller would be the go....
SLO247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post