Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Default Who hear has the ear of Ford HQ?

I believe a few mods may have the ear of those at Ford AUS HQ and maybe some others here as well.

If so, I would ask you, as a matter of urgency, to tell them to sack their entire marketing department, and get a new one on the job ASAP.

I frequent a few forums, many not car related. At the moment there is more talk of the EcoBoost Falcon and EcoLPI Falcon there than I have seen at all from Ford. And the biggest comment is, why arnt Ford advertising and marketing the **** off these great developments and acheivements for the Falcon.

Peoples opinion of the Falcon as being a big fuel hungry barge is beginning to change. But if Ford dont capitalise NOW, they will never translate to sales.

So please, if you actaully have any communication channels to Ford HQ, tell, them, point out to them, DEMAND of them that they start to advertise and market these great acheivements. Its bloody hard work supporting this mob at times, and right now is possibly the most frustrating example of marketing apathy I have ever seen. Great product with zero support. It can only end badly if not changed quickly.

/end rant

Old 14-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Re: Who hear has the ear of Ford HQ?

Hear, hear! Let's all congregate around HQ and learn'em how it's done on the intermenet.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

what you are suggesting would basically require funds to be transfered from actual development, then before too long youre screaming from the rooftop about a product that cant match the competition anymore
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Hear, hear! Let's all congregate around HQ and learn'em how it's done on the intermenet.
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
That's Gaela on the right and Russell on the left
Old 14-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
FacultY

Ford Announces Executive Appointment

MELBOURNE, Australia, 05 December, 2011 – The Ford Motor Company has appointed Brad Brownell as the new Vice President Marketing, Sales and Service for Ford Australia.
Ford Australia President and CEO, Bob Graziano, welcomed Brownell to the Australian operations.
“Brad brings with him a vast resource of knowledge and 24 years of experience at Ford in various senior roles,” Graziano said. “A large portion of his career at Ford has been directly involved with dealers.”
Brownell joined the Ford Motor Company in 1987 and has served in a variety of senior management positions. In his most recent assignment he was General Manager, Central Market Area, US Marketing Sales and Service, based in Dallas, Texas.
He has also worked in Customer Service and Global Product Marketing.
Brownell takes over the role as Vice President Marketing, Sales and Service from Beth Donovan, who has returned to the United States to take up a position as a Retail Marketing Manager at Ford Motor Company in Dearborn.
Old 14-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

No point spruiking the Ecoboost Falcon when it's not ready for sale yet.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
If so, I would ask you, as a matter of urgency, to tell them to sack their entire marketing department, and get a new one on the job ASAP.
Ford have a marketing dept?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its a catch 22... They don't have the budget to to do it right, but at the same time they don't have enough sales to help make the budget...

Maybe they should borrow more $$ and put more into marketing, then see how they go... Bad publicity is what killed Mits Australia pretty much over night... The same is happening to FMCA.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
No point spruiking the Ecoboost Falcon when it's not ready for sale yet.
Yes and no... Its due Feb 2012... That's only a few months away, if they start talking about it some buyers may potentially hold off from buying other makes to see what the fuss is all about.

FG2 should be getting advertised heavily now, but no one knows anything about it.

Someone should call Bob Graziano... his home phone numbers in the white pages...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They had a campaign in America....Ford,,Built For The Road Ahead... which would be good here..as we drive long distances...
Old 14-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

This is written by a friend in the industry I work in. A while ago we were discussing this and this is what he had to say.

"I've just been at a client being briefed on a new job who is a significant advertising and marketing agency responsible for campaigns for some very large blue chip clients and i thought for ***** and giggles I'd ask them their thoughts about investing big $ marketing a new automotive product before its even released released during xmas... You can imagine the laughter I got!!

Also you'd be amazed at the costs and timelines to produce a TV commercial or news print advert... 6-10 weeks to shoot and produce a TV commercial and the sky's the limit cost wise.... News print is seasonally adjusted cost wise, it costs a fortune advertising at this time of year.

Best time to advertise a new product? Wait till its in the market place first, then once its been released and dealers are full of stock and its possible to get stock then advertise it. Advertising a product consumers cant see, or buy or has significant delays or shortages of just creates disappointment and resentment towards the brand.

So i wouldnt expect full blown advertising till Feb/March."
Old 14-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
I believe a few mods may have the ear of those at Ford AUS HQ and maybe some others here as well.

I frequent a few forums, many not car related. At the moment there is more talk of the EcoBoost Falcon and EcoLPI Falcon there than I have seen at all from Ford. And the biggest comment is, why arnt Ford advertising and marketing the **** off these great developments and acheivements for the Falcon.

Peoples opinion of the Falcon as being a big fuel hungry barge is beginning to change. But if Ford dont capitalise NOW, they will never translate to sales.

So please, if you actaully have any communication channels to Ford HQ, tell, them, point out to them, DEMAND of them that they start to advertise and market these great acheivements. Its bloody hard work supporting this mob at times, and right now is possibly the most frustrating example of marketing apathy I have ever seen. Great product with zero support. It can only end badly if not changed quickly.

/end rant
Hey XW, I will take your post seriously and support your enthusiasm and passion for the brand. It's not a bad thing.

I will pass your post on.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

They should be using the net more for marketing even for products such as the ecoboost and FG2. While they are not on market as yet they can showcase the product and its technology via a "new falcon" website just like they did with BA. Costs are there yes but are far less than TV and can be to a wider audience.

While I believe Ford AU do have a marketing issue they are also guilty with the quality of the local product. More focus on quality needs to be undertaken. Too many out there have been bitten too many times to return to the local product. Even worse is imported cars are doing it better and at a lot of the time cheaper. Case in point would the be Jeep GC that a couple of years back would have been laughed at here, now how many on this forum have one? The updated Journey (a competitor to the Territory) is on our shores with a vast amount of changes....

Ford and Holden did have the market to themselves and made a lot out of it without investing much but now with competiton they're really struggling. The other products within the Ford catalog are fantastic and are really beefing up the sales. I do like the new ad campaigns out on the TV that does inform people of the fact that Ford AU have a great RANGE of cars.

Ford AU are turning around, it may look bad from a Falcon point of view but it is reality setting in, the company is doing well with their whole range because they are Ford Motor Company not Falcon Motor Company.

Last edited by Wretched; 14-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
This is written by a friend in the industry I work in. A while ago we were discussing this and this is what he had to say.

"I've just been at a client being briefed on a new job who is a significant advertising and marketing agency responsible for campaigns for some very large blue chip clients and i thought for ***** and giggles I'd ask them their thoughts about investing big $ marketing a new automotive product before its even released released during xmas... You can imagine the laughter I got!!

Also you'd be amazed at the costs and timelines to produce a TV commercial or news print advert... 6-10 weeks to shoot and produce a TV commercial and the sky's the limit cost wise.... News print is seasonally adjusted cost wise, it costs a fortune advertising at this time of year.

Best time to advertise a new product? Wait till its in the market place first, then once its been released and dealers are full of stock and its possible to get stock then advertise it. Advertising a product consumers cant see, or buy or has significant delays or shortages of just creates disappointment and resentment towards the brand.

So i wouldnt expect full blown advertising till Feb/March."
That's a good point, this time of year people have got Christmas on their minds and big ticket purchases like cars are usually out of the question for a lot of people.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
MAD
Petro-sexual

Advertising before availablity works for console games...
Different markets, but some part might be translated.

Advertising the Ecoboost now might make a fleet manager hold off for the release.

What about ads shouting from the rooftops that Ford have just taken out a ton of the ABC awards? Nothing there either.

I remember a recent time when Ford went 3 years in a row at Bathurst, and we heard nothing about that either.

It gets really annoying knowing that there is plenty a Ford fan can be proud of, but none of it gets reported to the world.
Old 14-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #17
XWGT