Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ballarat Swap Meet (very dissapointed)

Went to the swap meet at Ballarat Saturday and returned Sunday . All the stall holders that packed up buy lunch time and left Sunday should not get preference on their site for next year . The people that paid entry on Sunday got ripped off as there were hardly any site holders left .

olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Ballarat Swap Meet (very dissapointed)

It happen's to just about every swap mate, the Sun is really a waste and by lunch time no one is there as they do have to get home aswell you know, some people do travel a fair distance and in the heat which is ussually the way, why would you hang around.
Sat's are the only day's worth going.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's along hall back in NSW if you don't leave before lunch

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was around 37 degree's on Sunday who would want to be out in that hit.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
au adam

Was too friggin hot.I go every year and i gave up after 5 hours.
au adam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
xmcoupe

Myself and a group of friends attended this year's Ballarat Swap, as we have done for a number of years. It was always enjoyable, relaxed, friendly and you always found a bargain or treasure.

It is good that the new organisers saved it from closure, improved the infrastructure including; putting in more food and drink stalls, ATM's, first aid and toilets.

However, after travelling over 800kms to attend and to find that there was to be no buying/selling on Friday (apparently the organisers have taken the same format as Bendigo Swap), may reduce any future support of the event. Although this was not enforced, the format is not a favourite one.

This was not the case with the previous organisers - arrive Thursday, set up & buy on Friday, Saturday and leave on Sunday, allowing long distance travellers time to return home. This allowed 2 full days of trading.

Hopefully the organisers are reviewing the feedback (if and when provided) and continue to support the needs of the swap meet enthusiasts.

The weather was great - first summer days for months!

And, I did find some bargains.

Last edited by xmcoupe; 27-02-2012 at 11:05 PM.
xmcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post