Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
GTP-03

Default some of my old ford rides

I have owned a lot of nice Fords in the past, Unforunatly I didnt take pics of em all, but here are 3 of em, I also had an xb continetal coupe 6 cylinder, XA 4 door with 302w, xa460 bigblock coupe, xe esp 6 cylinder and fe carter ltd!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg xy1.jpg (77.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg xy2.jpg (76.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg xc1.jpg (29.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg xc2.jpg (27.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg xc3.jpg (92.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg xr1.jpg (75.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg xr2.jpg (81.3 KB, 99 views)
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Default Re: some of my old ford rides

Love the XY!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
EFinSilver

wow,very nice cars indeed
EFinSilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all nice rides, XYGT has always been the halo car for me since i was 15, love your XY, it`s always eluded me though(or the cash to buy one), had an xc myself, had an xr too, the xr was a ripping car, brings back good memories thanks for sharing.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
GTP-03

I bought that xy back in 97 for 15k, it had all original fomoco gear on it, shaker, rubbers, aerial, mirrors, 36 gallon tank, spotlights even the thicker fuel line off the gtho,(as it was a gtho replica). The stupid thing is i sold it for 1000 dollars less than what i paid for it. I sold it in late 2001

The XC was my first ford and my 3rd car, it was the first v8 i bought, I loved that car and spent every cent I had on it, It was a 4.9 Fairmont with vinyl roof and sunraysia mags and lpg when I bought it, topped off in french blue.
I did almost everything to it, recon 351, extractors, holley carb, put a 9 inch lsd in it, took the vinyl off it and got it sprayed saphire pearl metallic blue, got a gxl dash and grille and bonnet for it, put on a twin 2 1/2 exhaust system, sheesh I want it back! lol

After that I had a whole heap of cars, mainly 4 cylinder datsuns, But then in 94 I saw the Xr Fairmont advertised in the trader for 2500 dollars, I went down there and bought it straight away, it had a tired 289 in it but it had a mint black interior and the duco was nice. I rebuilt the engine and trans, ripped out the fmx and put a c4 in it with a high stall and some tuned length pacemaker extractors, I cained it so hard, it had a b and m shifter already in it, so many burnouts in that thing, it was a tough streeter, I even had twin subwoofers and 3 pairs of 6x9s in the back with 2 amps to power it all!

Then came the XY, I never drove it to hard, I took it to the street machine nationals in Adelaide in 2000, and a street meet, All I done to it was rebuild the front end suspension (as it had original front end from 1971, it was very tired and dangerous) put some pacemaker extractors on it, redback mufflers, electronic ignition and an msd ignition box, and electric fuel pump, but I took all the performance stuff off later.I Bought the "FORD GT" number plate at an auction through bennetts classic cars, when I went to the rego department they looked up the plate "GT FORD" on the system accidently and they told me that no one owned that plate, so i bought the rights to that plate aswell, so I had the rights to both FORD GT and GT FORD at the same time! I also bought some original 5 slotters and put them on the car later. That car got so many thumbs up and comments and looks, it was unbelievable, even had the cops come round one day and they told me some one dobbed me in for taking off to fast at the lights. Whent the cops checked my rego, it was unregistered on there system, but I had bought a day pass, which was still stuck on the window, after they saw that they left! lol

Great cars, pitty theyre so expensive to buy these days, prob never own a muscle car from the 60s or 70s again!

Last edited by GTP-03; 12-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.
GTP-03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

love seeing pics of old school hottys back in the day...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post