Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
riverrat321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default NSW purchased vehicle vic now sell to vic

Hi everyone,
I just purchased a vehicle (boat and trailer actually) from Victoria. I live in NSW and have not done anything with the rego yet. I purchased the package for the engine. I am keeping the engine and selling the boat. I listed it on e-bay and the winning bidder lives in Victoria. I am just wondering if it will be possible for him to keep the rego? The boat and trailer are still registered but still in the name of the person I purchased the package from. The guy i purchased it off a couple of weeks ago said he would not hand in the notice of disposal so that I can use it with the remaining rego, so he may or may not have handed in the notice of disposal. Any hep would be appreciated. The guy wants to come from Melbourne to collect it tomorrow and the RTA is closed so I can't call them now.
Cheers,
Riverrat321.

riverrat321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
BF-2K7

Default Re: NSW purchased vehicle vic now sell to vic

I can see no problem with said buyer 'taking over the rego' as long as his residential address is in Vic. Just be careful nothing comes back to bite you!Did you state in the Ebay ad that it was still rego'd in Vic? if you did then its buyer beware, if you didnt same applies.Once you have sold your boat & trailer its up to the buyer to get it back.
BF-2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

the person you should be asking is the previous owner
you need to find out if he has handed in the notice of disposal and then find out if he minds signing it over the new buyer

i am sure that what you want, can be done, but you need to ask the right person the questions - only the previous owner can answer your question
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
riverrat321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi and thanks for the replies. I did say in the e-bay ad that it had Victorian rego. I was thinking of contacting the person I purchased it off, but we compleated the paperwark already and he would have put me down as the buyer. The only thing that might be possible id if he wites out my details and then puts in the person who is buying off me as the seller. I just didn't want to hastle the person I purchased the boat off. I was just going to give the buyer a stat dec saying I purchased the boat off the previous person and was hoping that would be enough. I can always call the person who sold the boat to me if needed I guess.
riverrat321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The notice of disposal is only needed when transferring the rego between 2 people. Since you can not transfer the rego between states, the notice of disposals is useless. What you are better off doing is contacting the original owner and getting a new form signed between the first owner and the guy you sold it to. The bill of sale (receipt) is the main thing that will be needed. As I said the notice of disposal is only for the rego transfer. Just make sure all 3 people have a bill of sale as the notice of disposal is not a receipt.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post