Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Schneider
Starter Motor

Default Reconnecting Vent Selector Bowden Cable

Hi,
I just got a used 2010 Fiesta, and found the vent selector was not working.

I have pulled the plastic panels around the shifter and the climate controls off. Then I unscrewed the climate controls unit from the dash. The unit is not coming out of the dash more then a couple centimeters as the bowden cables for the heating and vents are still attached and are very short.

With the limited view I can get behind the unit, I saw the sheath for the bowden cable for the vent selector has come free. At the end of the sheath, there appears to be a white plastic connector to snap it into the climate control unit.

I can just get my fingers back there with the glove box removed, but I cannot see enough to get it realigned and clipped back in (I am hoping it is not actually broken).

How are the cables supposed to be attached? What is the best way to get access to the back side of the climate control unit?

Cheers!

Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
a pirate

Default Re: Reconnecting Vent Selector Bowden Cable

im not sure as ive just bought a new 2nd hand fiesta too but does it have any factory warranty left... if so take it in and let ford deal with it.

Use to have;

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 highly modified with 130fwkw
2000 Nissan Pulsar LX
1988 Toyota Celica GT coupe
a pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Schneider
Starter Motor

I wish. Mine was in a small fender bender which set off the airbags so most of the dash has been replaced (probably causing the cable to come loose). But, I got a pretty good deal on it.

If anybody has the service and repair manual handy, I'm sure that would shed some light on how its done.
Old 30-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

If it's that close to the end of it's warranty period, you should be able to get Ford to fix it. Threaten them with the Consumer Law and "fit for purpose" and don't tell them about the accident (unless it was a repairable write off and then you can't hide it).

Have a look on the UK Fiesta forums, as several users there have removed their dash/head unit and it might give you some clues.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Schneider
Starter Motor

Cheers, I should have thought of the UK forums. The car was a repairable write off unfortunately. I don't have much of a leg to stand on. =[