Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Questions about a 351W roller block conversion to AU XR8

Hi everyone,

I own an AU XR8 220kw T5 Manual. The car is tuned with an exhaust etc and I am very happy with it.

The car is a weekended and long term project, I am giving some thought to what I would like to do with the car long term. I have of course looked at superchargers, head/cam packages etc.

I dont want a drag or dyno queen, I really want a strong torqey street car that is reliable. Let's be honest torque is what makes a car fun and enjoyable on the street.

After reading a few threads, I am interested in considering a late model 351 Windsor roller block conversion.

I was wondering if the experts and those who have completed the conversion could discuss the conversion here and run me through the challenges as well as answer a few questions.

I am after big torque rather than top end HP so I was considering using my 220kw ported GT40Ps with my 1.7 yella terra roller rockers. Will these bolt straight up? I knwo I have to have the head bolt holes drilled out to 1/2".

What is the cam like in the 351W roller blocks? Similar to the one in my 220?

I was going to use my explorer manifold for torque, where will this run out of puff on a 351? 4500? 5000?

To use the explorer top hald, I need the 5.8 lower is that correct? Will this all bolt up to GT40Ps and the explorer top? I have heard these are hard to source, is there aftermarket alternatives?

If I use my GT40Ps and YT 1.7 RR will I have pushrod issues with a roller block?

Now I know they need a 28oz balaner, how do I go adapting the trigger to it? Is there an aftermarket solution?

Likewise, can I use my cam sync sensor (I have heard they are not long enough?) or must I go to a EB-EL style dizzy?

Will my T5 bolt up? I would like to use this initially but will consider an auto in the longer run if I go chasing bigger power. Can I bolt up a C4 to a 351W in the AU body??

Will my hurricane extractors bolt up, how far will they be out from the factory cat position?

Anything else I need to know?

I know there is a lot of questions, so thank you all for any input you can put in.

Cheers.
XF_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post