Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Mustangs out and about in Rockhampton.

Sorry...no photos...I was driving.

Up town yesterday and saw two new Mustangs for the first time...a bright yellow one and a dark red coloured one I think. Saw a few older ones around as well and one mid sixties fastback on a car transporter. No idea if something is on this weekend but strange to see so many in one day.

Anyhoo, onto the new ones.
The yellow is striking...stands out like the proverbials. The cars looked great as well, but I kind of have to say, not as aggressive as the last Mustang did. It's been softened up, given the corporate nose and grill by the look of it.

Ford certainly has a stand-out attention grabbing car on their hands. I'd happily have an ecoboost in that yellow...if it wasn't for the stupid waiting time...and the way the price has jumped by about six grand-plus since they first started taking orders...

If they could get production up and prices down to a realistic level, they'd sell more than they could possibly handle...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Mustangs out and about in Rockhampton.

I've seen a red one looks great. Much bigger than I was expecting, really great design. After seeing one in the metal I would rather a XR8 or SSV Redline now.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it is bigger than you'd think.
Probably a lot of people who hadn't seen or taken much notice of them "in the flesh" had some idea they were a compact little lithe thing, maybe more the size of a Toyota 86 or similar. Nope.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Sorry...no photos...I was driving.

Up town yesterday and saw two new Mustangs for the first time...a bright yellow one and a dark red coloured one I think. Saw a few older ones around as well and one mid sixties fastback on a car transporter. No idea if something is on this weekend but strange to see so many in one day.

Anyhoo, onto the new ones.
The yellow is striking...stands out like the proverbials. The cars looked great as well, but I kind of have to say, not as aggressive as the last Mustang did. It's been softened up, given the corporate nose and grill by the look of it.

Ford certainly has a stand-out attention grabbing car on their hands. I'd happily have an ecoboost in that yellow...if it wasn't for the stupid waiting time...and the way the price has jumped by about six grand-plus since they first started taking orders...

If they could get production up and prices down to a realistic level, they'd sell more than they could possibly handle...
You haven't seen mine yet.
EB race red fast back, so far I think there is 4 in Rocky area, first 2 delivered (Xmas eve) were race red, one v8 and my EB, the yellow v8 one I think was delivered this week, and the Ruby Red convertible, I believe this one wasn't delivered by the local dealer, but the other 3 were,
2 x v8s delivered in Gladstone so far, a black one and a race red one.
Yep long wait time for the v8s, this may improve as they get this new delivery processed sorted, the car is terrific to drive compared to other cars I have driven (not many). Behind the wheel it feels as wide as a Falcon, but is shorter and a bit lower however it still has good ground clearance.
Yes it does grab a lot of attention, looks are subjective to personal opinion, but I reckon it looks better in the flesh.
I ordered early, no test drive, but watched plenty of you tube videos on reviews from the USA and went to the Biloela Ford dealer to check out the left hand drive one they had on display back in July last year to confirm any suspicions or doubts about some of my personal concerns about the car, during that time of waiting I had the option to bail out And do plenty of overtime to pay for it, its all about planning and deciding isn't it.
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Arnaldo...what did you end up paying on road and do you have a thread for it?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
fordwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo View Post
You haven't seen mine yet.
EB race red fast back, so far I think there is 4 in Rocky area, first 2 delivered (Xmas eve) were race red, one v8 and my EB, the yellow v8 one I think was delivered this week, and the Ruby Red convertible, I believe this one wasn't delivered by the local dealer, but the other 3 were,
2 x v8s delivered in Gladstone so far, a black one and a race red one.
Yep long wait time for the v8s, this may improve as they get this new delivery processed sorted, the car is terrific to drive compared to other cars I have driven (not many). Behind the wheel it feels as wide as a Falcon, but is shorter and a bit lower however it still has good ground clearance.
Yes it does grab a lot of attention, looks are subjective to personal opinion, but I reckon it looks better in the flesh.
I ordered early, no test drive, but watched plenty of you tube videos on reviews from the USA and went to the Biloela Ford dealer to check out the left hand drive one they had on display back in July last year to confirm any suspicions or doubts about some of my personal concerns about the car, during that time of waiting I had the option to bail out And do plenty of overtime to pay for it, its all about planning and deciding isn't it.
Hi, can you tell me if it came with SYNC2 or the new SYNC 3 they are fitting into the 2016 models in the states?

Thanks.
fordwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Come on Arnaldo. Spill the beans. What is the 4 banger like?
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #8
Sioso
irregular member

Saw my first one about an hour ago in Bowral - competition orange with black rims (this would be the colour I would choose).
Crappy iphone pic, made the family wait while I did a u-turn at the roundabout so I could get a shot of it.
Looks red in the pic but definitely orange.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
I've seen a red one looks great. Much bigger than I was expecting, really great design. After seeing one in the metal I would rather a XR8 or SSV Redline now.
Seen my first one at the local ford dealer the other day parked beside an fgx xr8 both in blue and I agree with you. I could not believe I was thinking that I would take the xr8 over the stang, before that I was mustang all the way but for some reason seeing the mustang in real life it just seemed to not look like what I was expecting from all the glamour shots of it.

The mustang looks hot don't get me wrong but with the fgx sitting there with its hot blown v8 knowing its the last of the aussie 4 door muscle cars I couldn't help but want it more.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #10
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Saw my first one about an hour ago in Bowral - competition orange with black rims (this would be the colour I would choose).
Crappy iphone pic, made the family wait while I did a u-turn at the roundabout so I could get a shot of it.
Looks red in the pic but definitely orange.
About to head over to Bowral. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Cheers.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Realistic level? Tell me, what other 2-door V8s are on the market with similar levels of performance AND cost less than the current Mustang V8?

They're already selling more than they can possibly handle so I don't understand why they'd lower the prices...

I drove an EB4 'Stang in the US late last year and I loved it. There's a decent amount of poke and the build quality and refinement was very un-American! I'd seriously consider one if I didn't need a boot (and the waitlist was in the years).
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #12
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the clear rear tails on the UK/Aus spec look great in real life too.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #13
elgt146
315-TUF

There is a couple delivered to dealer here on Gold Coast. The GunMetal Grey Convertible is getting around a bit. 4 cyl though.
elgt146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #14
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
Come on Arnaldo. Spill the beans. What is the 4 banger like?
In My Opinion.
Feels cool and sporty to drive.
Handles like a go kart around bends corners, plenty of lateral (sideways) grip, the front end steering feels light & controllable, side bolsters on the seats hold you well in position. Very firm suspension. but smoother than my leaf sprung rear end FG ute . My Fg ute now feels like a truck to drive in comparison, I feel confident to be able to go into corners quicker than my Ute or any other cars I have driven.
Under Hard acceleration, inside has a nice sporty note, I don't know what it sounds like outside, probably like a camry , so I choose not to get under it too often and keep people guessing what sort of donk is under the bonnet, I haven't been outside of the car to let some one drive off with it yet to hear what it sounds like.
Feels a bit quicker than my FG NA auto ute. The "Track Apps" on the Mustang can count all sorts of driving tests, 0-100km/h the best I have recorded so far with all the Nannies on (not in sports mode) is 6.5 seconds. Mine is an auto.
My son has an EcoBoost Falcon, it lags a bit at the initial start of acceleration compared to my ute, but just as quick after that, my EcoBoost Mustang does not seem to have this issue that I can notice, My EB Mustang feels quicker than My ute & EB Falcon up to the legal speed limit.
Me being 168cm tall, my wife and daughters shorter, we have no issue with rear seat room, my son is a bit taller, not so good for him.
There is lots of features on this car, too numerous to type, I have been learning new features every day.
So far driving around town and highway, average 9.0 l/100kms. best on the highway so far was 7.4 l/100kms.
All up to personal choice whether an individual buys the v8 or the EB, I have my personal reasons and I am very happy with my choice. So that is the best description I can give at the moment, I might go for anther cruise soon and break more peoples necks , Shouldn't be too long before dealers have EcoBoost demos for every one to try out, then you can all have a better personal experience of what these cars are like.

Edit; if you are asking me to compare it to a V8, I cannot answer that one, I have never owned a V8, maybe a bucket list item to tick down the track

Last edited by 4stanger; 09-01-2016 at 02:01 PM.
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #15
4stanger