Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Perth Ford Dealers

Hi all, I'm after people's experiences with dealers in Perth, I'm after a wildtrack, get the employee discount and want to get a half reasonable trade on my 05 SSZ crewman, my brother just ordered a wildtrack from ranger ford and said they were good, tried lynford or something like that and said they were shonks in there, any recommendations?
LyleXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #2
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Default Re: Perth Ford Dealers

Mcinerney Ford and Lane are my recommends.

Bought my XR8 from Lane excellent service.
Dad bought his ute a while back from Mcinereny also got a great deal.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #3
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What does shonks in there even mean?
Good luck getting anything reasonable for the crewman, they were petrol guzzlers and lost popularity pretty quickly.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #4
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
What does shonks in there even mean?
Good luck getting anything reasonable for the crewman, they were petrol guzzlers and lost popularity pretty quickly.

Shonks=Shifty/Dodgy

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #5
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought my XR8 through Lynford because Lane ford had sold there allocation. Will never go through Lynford again. Bought my Ranger from Lane, would definitely recommend them. Call up or go see Paul.

Current Rides
2014 FGX XR8 - Kinetic, auto.
Mods: Manta Twin 3" S/S Cat Back - Loud Version, DPE High Flow Cats, KPM Streetfighter Stage 2 Intercooler, KPM Twin Air Filter, Herrod High Flow Fuel Pump, JLT/Herrod Oil Catch Can.
Tuned by Monsta Torque to 403rwkw.
2013 Ranger XL - White.

Previous Rides
2005 BA MK 2 XR8 - Winter White, auto, custom twin 2 1/2" s/s exhaust, pacemaker extractors.
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Perth Ford Dealers

My recommendation is John Johnson at Mcinerney Ford.

Purchased two new cars from there through him and very happy on both occasions. The cars I traded I got reasonable trade in on and the deal was good.

I bought a new BA XR6 and a new TS Territory from there.

I lived at the top of the state at the time and the deals were both comfortable and fair. Highly recommend them.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
STINKY NINJA
Banned

If you like scratches and spilt oil on your motor and having a filthy dirty brand new car delivered to you use range ford lol
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #8
CQB-241
Car tragic

Good recent dealings with Wayne Thompson and Richard Hewes of Lynford on a Sprint.
Prior clean deal with Paul Robinson and Hunter Shipp of John Hughes on an XR8.
Brian Johnson is the valuer to speak to in John Hughes. Sold 3 of mine and a friends car to him. No bull****, but car needs to be clean, lowish I'm, good SH, no accidents, well presented.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Brett
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #9
marra_xr6t
Ranger XLT Dual Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
My recommendation is John Johnson at Mcinerney Ford.

Purchased two new cars from there through him and very happy on both occasions. The cars I traded I got reasonable trade in on and the deal was good.

I bought a new BA XR6 and a new TS Territory from there.

I lived at the top of the state at the time and the deals were both comfortable and fair. Highly recommend them.
Yeah can also recommend JJ and the guys at McInerney Ford.

Loris Cecconi and his crew in Morley are very good and can help you with a good deal
marra_xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 01:23 AM   #10
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
If you like scratches and spilt oil on your motor and having a filthy dirty brand new car delivered to you use range ford lol
I agree, Range Ford are rip-off merchants, I found Midway Ford at Midland very good.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 01:45 AM   #11
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with new cars I bought mine interstate cheap fair flew over drove it back saved aprox 10g from what any were offering over here also couldn't find the model or colour I liked here

but I drive road transport for a living so the drive was no biggie and was trying to convincing my company to do an equipment transfer at that time so id drive there gear get payed and have mine on the back traveling free didn't happen cost 425 air fair and another 425 fuel to drive back from wodonga and was on permits to be licenced here

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 AM   #12
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

dont use nuford whatever ya do
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 AM   #13
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marra_xr6t View Post
Yeah can also recommend JJ and the guys at McInerney Ford.

Loris Cecconi and his crew in Morley are very good and can help you with a good deal
Another vote for McInerney Ford. I ordered my Mondeo through them. Props especially go to Caleb for being patient and putting up with my umming over the purchase.

Wildtrack may be difficult to get hold of, though, so you may need to wait, but you'll receive nothing less than exemplary service.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:57 AM   #14
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Glad to see so many McInerney. But must say Lane always has good stock of falcons.
Here where I live I swear Geographe Ford is Ranger only dealer lol. I need to take a photo sometime.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
xr gr8
Winter White Weapon

Recently did the ring around and drop in to most of the Perth dealers chasing a deal on a new Territory. No reply from Nuford, Titans, McInerney or Lanes which I found amazing actually. Plus a reasonable price difference between dealers on the same spec vehicle too.
Best experience I've had was Centre Ford but they're long gone.
Try Natalie at Range Ford.

Last edited by xr gr8; 06-03-2016 at 02:23 PM.
xr gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #16
xr gr8
Winter White Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous1 View Post
Glad to see so many McInerney. But must say Lane always has good stock of falcons.
Here where I live I swear Geographe Ford is Ranger only dealer lol. I need to take a photo sometime.
Most dealers are loaded with Ranger's and Everest's from what I've seen lately.
It's "spot the Aussie" car at your local Ford Dealer atm.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #17
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr gr8 View Post
Recently did the ring around and drop in to most of the Perth dealers chasing a deal on a new Territory. No reply from Nuford, Titans, McInerney or Lanes which I found amazing actually. Plus a reasonable price difference between dealers on the same spec vehicle too.
Best experience I've had was Centre Ford but they're long gone.
Agreed about Centre Ford, I must have purchased around 10 cars off them from 2005 - 2013. It's a real shame they went under, I always had exceptional service from them and no other dealer could match the deals they offered me.

I've since bought my last 2 vehicles off Midway Ford, they have been very good as well. Great trade in values on my 2013 FPV GT and 2013 Ranger XLT. Range Ford were ~9k off the mark for the trade-on on the GT and ~3k off the mark for the XLT trade-in.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
xr gr8
Winter White Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Agreed about Centre Ford, I must have purchased around 10 cars off them from 2005 - 2013. It's a real shame they went under, I always had exceptional service from them and no other dealer could match the deals they offered me.

I've since bought my last 2 vehicles off Midway Ford, they have been very good as well. Great trade in values on my 2013 FPV GT and 2013 Ranger XLT. Range Ford were ~9k off the mark for the trade-on on the GT and ~3k off the mark for the XLT trade-in.
Yep, change over price is what it's all about.
Old 18-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #19
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
with new cars I bought mine interstate cheap fair flew over drove it back saved aprox 10g from what any were offering over here also couldn't find the model or colour I liked here

but I drive road transport for a living so the drive was no biggie and was trying to convincing my company to do an equipment transfer at that time so id drive there gear get payed and have mine on the back traveling free didn't happen cost 425 air fair and another 425 fuel to drive back from wodonga and was on permits to be licenced here
Ive done the same buying a holden and a private second hand XR8, 1 way plane ticket, fuel home and a weeks holiday was 7k cheaper than buying local, new one is employee discount so it's the same price Australia wide, except for the local Kalgoorlie dealer which is 1000 bucks more, I'll go to Perth to avoid the thieves in there
Old 18-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #20
grey_esp
Greys tuf too :-)

Ive dealt with Range, Lynne, and Lane. I will never go back to Lynne or Lane again for different reasons but mainly because I feel they are both a bit shonky. And while previous experiences with Range service department were not great the 2 services I have had done this year were really good. (but they are a bit expensive - parts and stuff) We bought our terri there in 2010 and they do the usual ship you around to all the different departments to try and flogg you tint and stuff, but it was actually pretty easy with no dramas. I would go there again.
grey_esp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2016, 03:24 AM   #21
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought my XR8 a while back from Macinerney Ford after going to a few others, much better and Dennis if a Ford man. Recommended them to a mate after he nearly bought a Stang from Lynford, went there last Wed night, dealt with Paul Zappia (he's been there since 1976!!), nice and easy, no bull**** and without even haggling, gave a better price than the other metro dealers.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #22
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ended up getting a wildtrack ordered through Ryan at midway, no sales bull****, he says people come in to buy cars, I don't talk them into it! There trade in price was double what mcinerney and range ford offered. The tool at Lane Ford wasn't even interested in talking to me cos I look like a typical Kalgoorlie yobbo, when I said I wanted a new wildtrack he was interested in a 64k sale, when I said it was employee pricing he told me he wasn't interested cos they make no profit off it, his words were if I did have a wildtrack here with a retail price of 64, i can sell them for 66 cos they are in high demand so why would I sell it to you?
Old 23-03-2016, 03:00 AM   #23
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

I reckon midway are a good bunch bought my sprint off them
chris firth is a good guy
Old 23-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #24
FPV0137

Centre ford used to be awesome! Its a shame they're gone...
Lynford, while they will do their best to approve you with high interest finance, they're service department and customer service outside of paying for the car is not the best. Haven't had one good experience with them yet...
Last time I went to midway ford, they just got a new service manager and I actually managed to walk out of there without feeling the need to kick some puppies in a blind rage. The old one was a complete *******!
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #25
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleXR8 View Post
Ended up getting a wildtrack ordered through Ryan at midway, no sales bull****, he says people come in to buy cars, I don't talk them into it! There trade in price was double what mcinerney and range ford offered. The tool at Lane Ford wasn't even interested in talking to me cos I look like a typical Kalgoorlie yobbo, when I said I wanted a new wildtrack he was interested in a 64k sale, when I said it was employee pricing he told me he wasn't interested cos they make no profit off it, his words were if I did have a wildtrack here with a retail price of 64, i can sell them for 66 cos they are in high demand so why would I sell it to you?
How do you get the employee pricing if you are not an employee??
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #26
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Family
Old 24-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #27
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleXR8 View Post
Family
Thats cool, lucky you...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #28
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sure is, fair smack off new car price, I wouldn't buy a new car otherwise, lose to much money
Old 26-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #29
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Do you *need* to trade the crewman?

To be perfectly blunt, its worth your time to sell it privately unless the deal puts you in an unmanageable debt situation.