Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
cjf
GT Hardcore

Question BA BF Front panels onto AU ?????

I have just bought a cheap AU Forte for $3000 with very minor front panel damage on the RH side.
And I was thinking of upgrading the front with BA / BF XR front instead of fixing the AU panels, ie. guards, bonnet , bumper ,grill ,headlights etc.
Does anyone know if it can or has been done and if so is it a straight forward bolt on process?
Im still not not sure which way to go ie. Au or BA/BF as price is approx. $1500 to go B series parts, and I will be painting it myself so all up it should cost approx $1800 , only if there is no modification required to fit a it onto AU.

BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
cjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes, it can and has been done twice now. The Dok did this to his wagon, and Hotch(?) did it to a ute. It requires a bit more than just a panel and bonnet & bar and lights swap though. Do a search for it, or look at The Dok's build thread in the AU workshop section.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

yes it can be done but no its not a straightforward bolt on process. A number of internal changes to the engine bay need to be made.

One of the members here, The Dok, has done it on a wagon and it was no easy feat.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
cjf
GT Hardcore

Thumbs up

Thanks guys I did try a search but nothing seemed to have any info on how to change over the front , I will try again and see if I can find DOK's post in the Au workshop.
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 29-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #5
nikos
mezzo forte

Could look interesting on a sedan... I'd love to see the result!
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

I have seen a sedan with it done. Had a full GT kit as well. Didnt look as good as i thought it would...

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
Thanks guys I did try a search but nothing seemed to have any info on how to change over the front , I will try again and see if I can find DOK's post in the Au workshop.
Click the link on the bottom of my sig.
Old 30-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #8
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos
Could look interesting on a sedan... I'd love to see the result!
Yeah, would look real different, like a BA or something
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a BA front with an AU rear.... would be interesting to see... i've thought i've trying this too.. but i just didn't think it would look right...a BA XR front would be nice tho....
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Most of the early Au Brute utes did this a couple of seasons ago, since they are still only allowed to run the 302w and not the 5.4 boss, they changed the front panels to keep up to date with the current look.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #11
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

That looks great dok. would love to see the sedan as well

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
cjf
GT Hardcore

thanks dok
great result on the wagon ,what modifications were required?
Old 30-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #13
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
thanks dok
great result on the wagon ,what modifications were required?
There is an (old) thread HERE which covers some of the modifications/re-engineering required, giving some insight into the task.
I should add though, if you had to pay someone to do it, in today's money, you'd be financially better off just buying a BA, fortunately I had/have the skills to do it all myself, including the paintwork, so it was (3 years ago) a reasonably inexpensive rebuild.
Old 31-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
There is an (old) thread HERE which covers some of the modifications/re-engineering required, giving some insight into the task.
I should add though, if you had to pay someone to do it, in today's money, you'd be financially better off just buying a BA, fortunately I had/have the skills to do it all myself, including the paintwork, so it was (3 years ago) a reasonably inexpensive rebuild.
Thanks Dok
I have a 05 Ba Mk11 XR8 , the Au is another project car for myself and my 2 sons. I have been painting and restoring cars myself for 25 years and would not even atempt to do the upgrade if I couldn't do it myself.
If you had to pay a panel shop to do this mod and paint it I would guess there wouldn't be any change out of $6000.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:29 AM   #15
Sledgehammer
Banned

We will have the V8 Supercar school / Team Australia T - Series on display, the one that Ambrose brought (the one that raced in the 24hour) at the Gold Coast All Ford Day

They have kitted that out as a BA, still AU inside however. So if you're up this way you can have a good look at it.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
We will have the V8 Supercar school / Team Australia T - Series on display, the one that Ambrose brought (the one that raced in the 24hour) at the Gold Coast All Ford Day

They have kitted that out as a BA, still AU inside however. So if you're up this way you can have a good look at it.
Sledgehammer sounds good I might even put the XR8 in the show. I have 2 cousins Garry & Kev who both run showcars on the coast so it will be a good chance to catch up with them.