Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Heathcote Today 5th.

Where off to Heathcote test and tune today, if anyone is coming, see you there.
$15 to watch, $40 to watch..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
rodderz

I'll take the $15 to watch Mark, $40 to watch seems a bit steep for the same deal...lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #3
Chris
AFF.com.au

updates gentleman? did the turbo rocket make good use of the concrete 60?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Only around 12 cars running there today and a couple of bikes..
Rods TT didn’t improve on ET, but it did 131 MPH twice..
I hope it can run a hi stall converter in the future.
It was funny watching the people looking under the bonnet and trying to figure out why this Ute can run 131 mph, only 1 guy picked it..
On a different note Russell tells us for the last 4 Sundays the police and Vic Roads have been doing road worthy checks etc: both ways in and out of Heathcote..

Old 05-06-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I'll take the $15 to watch Mark, $40 to watch seems a bit steep for the same deal...lol
i knew you would take the cheaper watch, when do you want to pick it up.. _2:
Old 05-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
rodderz

131mph.... jeez with a great 60 thats good for low-mid 10's

Lets hope a lot of people show interest in Boss TT setups, the dohc nature is showing it's worth in the design and with some r & d on the whole car they would be running single figures
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
SpoolMan

i went for a run in the TT, 1ST time i have been in anything that does 131 mph in 400 meters...its all over so quickly then you hope the brakes work quickly..

Old 06-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #8
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
On a different note Russell tells us for the last 4 Sundays the police and Vic Roads have been doing road worthy checks etc: both ways in and out of Heathcote..
Thats a bit disappointing.

That is awesome MPH from the Ute, I really have to get down to calder and watch it race.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
Walkinshaw
Two > One

The public should really crack the shits about those police inspections. Really they try to discourage street racing, then they persicute responsable racers who go and try and do the right thing.

Police are allways outside AIR afterwards, helping with traffic but in no way using it as an excuse for pulling cars over.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
Walkinshaw
Two > One

on another note, 131mph is insane. Stall converter + EDIT and that thing will move!!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #11
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
on another note, 131mph is insane. Stall converter + EDIT and that thing will move!!
At the moment there is no edit for a BA that will allow you to run a hi-stall.
Hope this changes in the future.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
SWOOP
XRSVO

131mph hmm thats crzy stuff?
not being able to use a high stall in it? is it because they have limp mode like earlier fords or computer ?

cheers Joel
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Hows traction off the line in the beast, cant wait till it runs a 1o.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 12:25 AM   #14
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOOP
131mph hmm thats crzy stuff?
not being able to use a high stall in it? is it because they have limp mode like earlier fords or computer ?

cheers Joel
Yes same deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Hows traction off the line in the beast, cant wait till it runs a 1o.
no problems with slicks.
but it can do a burnout at 80/90 klm, on dunlop 9000's
Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #15
JG3282
Awake after dark

Good work Rod and Mark. Should run a good number on the 25th

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #16
Rod

greetings all
with a set of slicks you can wind it up & point it in the general direction & know that it will stop as good as it goes

with the dunslops no matter were you point it it will go were it wants & at the pointy end you have to pray that it pulls up

the funny part about it is it pulls up better on a 5" front tyre than it does with a 9" tyre

i wouldnt sugest anybody try to run 130 plus MPH on "street rubber" it insane

at the end of the day "SAFETY" is the main thing to worry about

regards
rod
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #17
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

131mph Rod is amazing, i will settle on 122mph out of mine for the cam and be happy. yhea definatly a low 10 easy. big power from that thing im taking at 131mph. AWESOME!!

GEEA has run 129mph on street rubber and no worries. with a baby stall i believe??

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
marcuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Cops have always been like that up there. They effectively killed the harley drags by giving bikes canary's for low tyre pressure. Many moons ago me and a friend were crashed out in the car on the side of the road about 2 am cop knocks on the window and wants to see my licence. I show him and he asks where my p plates were. I said I didn't have any so he grabs the keys from the ignition and tells me I have to hitch into bendigo, buy some and pick up my keys from the cop shop. At 2am! He was such a nice police officer :
marcuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post