Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Heavy Rigid Learners

I went and got my HR learners today (Queensland) and was suprised that they don't actually upgrade your licence to say that you have a HR learning permit, all you have is the docket to say you passed the test.. Has anyone else done this before in QLD and can back up this story?

Thanks.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 07:27 AM   #2
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard of that before, getting a learners for driving a truck I mean. Down here, you just chuck some 'Driver Under Instruction' plates and drive around with a suitably licenced driver.

Might pay to go back and ask the question of the Licensing Department.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
I went and got my HR learners today (Queensland) and was suprised that they don't actually upgrade your licence to say that you have a HR learning permit, all you have is the docket to say you passed the test.. Has anyone else done this before in QLD and can back up this story?

Thanks.
Yes, that is how it works. If you have the liscence below, you may drive as a learner in the next category with a Qualified instructor. FYI, you can, after holding a HR liscence for 3 years, get a MC( Multi Combination, B Double / Road Train) by logging 50 hrs in a QLD Transport log book under instruction with a MC liscecne holder. Did mine in 4 weekends! :
Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
....after holding a HR liscence for 3 years, get a MC( Multi Combination, B Double / Road Train) by logging 50 hrs in a QLD Transport log book under instruction with a MC liscecne holder. Did mine in 4 weekends! :
Cheers,
Mike
Mike, how long ago did you do that?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
martin
Starter Motor

l got my HR licence last year l have a nsw licence and that is what happen to me.
But then l went for 3 2hour driving lessons and then had my test pass and then whent
to the RTA and gave me a new HR licence so yes that is ok good luck
martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #6
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
Mike, how long ago did you do that?
Trev,
Last Year. They tightened the laws about 5 years ago, but there has been a shortage of MC drivers, so they eased the laws again. For a while you had to get and have a HC (one trailer) for 3 years, and then go to Mt Cotton in Brisbane for the course, at about $1500.
ATM its easy, not sure for how long??
Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought it was odd when you said it, there is a shortage of drivers everywhere.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #8
Aussie Pete

No wonder there's a shortage of drivers. All you get is bashed by car drivers, media, police, RTA etc. Then you work twice as many hours as anyone else for less pay than McDonalds. Where's the positives?

I did the MC the hard way by the sound of it..... Full course, big bucks. Funny that I haven't had the need to drive a B-Double for maybe four years now - it's all HC at the moment.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why would you want too, more money as a forky
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post