Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
SP Ken

Default XR6 & XR8 Club of Qld

G'day All,

Firstly I have started this thread so Hoops doesn't get his thread hijacked by our club members talking about things that don't relate to his.

Hoops, good luck with the formation of your new club. As said on your thread any club representing the blue oval is a good thing and I hope we can have a close relationship between the two.

For those that don't know I have recently been appointed as the Interim President of the XR6 & XR8 Club of Qld. I will steer the ship until at least the AGM in a couple of months where a general election will be held for all positions.

To stop all speculations, there is nothing sinister going on just a couple of vacancies on the committee had to be filled. To make matters worse our Club Website fell over at the same time which we are working at fixing as we speak. Any Clubbies out there check your inboxes as there will be mail in it from me by the morning.

I'm looking forward to doing everything the club has always done and enjoying the company of all the clubbies on a run very soon.

Again, good luck Hoops and lets stick it to that other brand!

Cheers,

Ken

SP Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Good stuff Ken! Thanks for letting us know what is going on

Cheers
Kristy.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 01:02 AM   #3
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Yeah thanks Ken. I am sure it will all work out well. Can't wait for the next cruise, the last one was great and I have heard the roads the next one is going over are awesome.
I hope the website is up and running soon, severely limits our contact with the other clubbies. I would help if I could but I have no idea what I am doing.

Lynton
Old 14-09-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Hoops
I'm Back

Thanks for your support Ken, i hope you get things back on track and look forward to some combined events maybe.

Cheers

Hoops
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good stuff Ken
As I said in one of my last posts on this forum about the XR club, 2 clubs for us QLDERS will be good twice the amount of cruises, events and maybe some combined activities , I will NOT be giving up the XR6 XR8 Club membership as I will be in this for the long haul and I will fight to the death to keep this club afloat as well as all of the members of the current XR Club would do the same and as for HOOPS I hope he will get the new club up and running in his locale of the GC and NTH NSW as it seems he can organise and run a club from the ACT and I would become a member of this new club if it does eventuate.
2 can be better than 1 as there is a lot of these Performance FORDs out there

Alan
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hi Ken

Thanks for the update.

Have rearranged my schedule to ensure I am free for the next cruise - looks like it will be a good one and will also be a chance for everyone to catch up.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great to hear Ken, look forward to the cruise and meeting some more members.

I agree with what has been said by a few, 2 clubs can only be more benefits for car owners/lovers, could be great to have combined events too.

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #8
philut
XR8 driver

Default XR6/8 Club

Hi guys, as far as I am concerned they couldn't have appointed a better interim committe for the club. You have our support and hopefully the two clubs or all blue oval clubs can have organised events together, like someone else said the more the better. Bring it on!!
:
Phil & Bec
philut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #9
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Ken and the Castrol Kids,
You have my, and the CQ Crew's support, as does the rest of the committie. Do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I/We can do. Good Job!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #10
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Default Good on yer Ken

Keep the momentum going, we will in CQ, come on Bathurst weekend then trip to Phillip Island, catch up with you city slickers later
Old 13-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #11
xr6turbs

Unhappy

Any idea when the site will be back up??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh I was thinking the same thing..

Its been down for nearly a month now....
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #13
xr6turbs

Unhappy

hmm....anybody have any the slightest idea when it will be back up??

I'm starting to get bored, I have nothing to do at work now....lol
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #14
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

The clubs committee is going through the unfortunately lengthy motions of getting the website back up and running. There's some road blocks to be overcome (or bulldozed) but once the info is received, the website will be up and running again, be it in a potentially different format.

Don't forget that the forums are up and running HERE for all your club related goodness.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post