Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Playing Tanks

Saw a guy in a Toyota 4X4 playing tanks on the way to work.

How do you play Tanks I here the list enquire?

Well a street I use going to work has 4 roundabouts in about 700mtrs.

What he was doing was driving straight over the left half like they weren't even there (not speeding mind you), playing tanks.

Anyone else seen 4X4 playing off-road on-road?

Uncle_Ken

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
CarBroker
Banned

He probably didn't see the roundabouts from up there :voldar02:
CarBroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

LOL
Uncle_Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #4
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I used to do that in my EA... never lost anything important...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #5
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Good fun that. I call it rough roading. Good bit of fun. Go run a muck, do some stupid stuff.
Old 31-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
BlackLS

Normally see them overtaking a few cars in stopped traffic, on the median island going over grass, mud, drains and all. Was trying to get to a right turn lane 200m ahead.

Probably the most "off" road the X5 has been through
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Geez that is LAME! Do it properly or don't do it at all. Is that how city slickers justify owning 4WD's???
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have done it in a mates old Diesel Hilux ... some of the narrow streets with a roundabouts were a pain ... so i just drove over them.

I got stuck in an Aldi carpark once in a dual cab F250 power-stroke Diesel 4WD ... so i drove over the garden ... the only way out for me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
BlackLS

A territory has a story where they went over a lane divider on the Harbour Bridge, from the western distributer lanes into the Eastern Distributer.
Old 31-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #10
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Now does this total disregard for other raod users justfy the use of 4x4s in our cities?.., SURE it does..
Old 31-10-2005, 02:06 PM   #11
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
Geez that is LAME! Do it properly or don't do it at all. Is that how city slickers justify owning 4WD's???
Nail on the head.
Oh I was the only sedan at the tip yesterday, so mabey that's it.
Old 31-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #12
The Monty
Just slidin'

I like my car handling skills, and just go around them fast.
Old 31-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #13
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

A mate of mine went off-roading in the middle of my town once Nature strips, ditches, around trees... We ended up getting stuck in a pine forest between a tree and a rock :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #14
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

My old XF panelvan used to spend more time off-road than on.

I love four wheel drives, being a country boy, but I'm so sick of dickheads in late model, plastic built bohemiaths.

My van started out on the dirt roads up north but when I moved down to melbourne and discovered new estates with the boys late at night, it found every nature strip, median strip, front lawn, roundabout and made an absolute mess of them all.

That thing would dig trenches deep enough to hide the corpse of a Holden driver and get airborne more often than a victim of Greg Murphy's driving.

I love on-road-off-roading.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #15
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Do it all the time in the 4X4 Fairmont. Little speed bumps are even there really.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #16
aimzes
...fairly odd

you know its 3 points now if your caught doing that... doesnt stop dad though lol.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #17
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

You could make `urban obstacle negotiation' a legitimate activity. Climbing roundabouts, traffic islands, nature strips, curbs, carparks, Hyundai's, crates, it'd be heaps of fun without being bogged down with towing/camping/supply gear
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2005, 12:31 AM   #18
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
You could make `urban obstacle negotiation' a legitimate activity. Climbing roundabouts, traffic islands, nature strips, curbs, carparks, Hyundai's, crates, it'd be heaps of fun without being bogged down with towing/camping/supply gear
Bahahahaha!

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #19
Miss -T2TL50

we has a jeep wrangler about 3 months ago. gave it hell........ round abouts up and over them.

was racing a el gt heading out to bendigo on the freeway....... ***** ran us off the road at 130 in to grass only coz he didnt want to slow down for a car infront of him..... planted the foot even more and kicked his ***. pulled back in off the grass and he was amazed that we didnt slow down.

the best thing to do in a 4X4 is bunny chaseing........ 4H in an open paddock (new estates are good to) and just chase them. got some pics on the other PC after a session of bunny chaseing / donuts in the mud (bunny got away) hence the donuts...... quite fun... will post pics when on the other pc

best fun car that we ever owned. got rid of it coz the lease was over on it.

cheers
Miss -T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #20
Oz Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss -T2TL50
the best thing to do in a 4X4 is bunny chaseing........ 4H in an open paddock (new estates are good to) and just chase them. got some pics on the other PC after a session of bunny chaseing / donuts in the mud (bunny got away) hence the donuts...... quite fun... will post pics when on the other pc

Hehehehe. Bunny chasing IS fun isn't it. Amazing how fast those little buggers can go when they need to!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:38 AM   #21
LUXO_8
windsor user

2wd hiluxes are good for roundabout negotiation as well
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post