Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
BOSS_290
Starter Motor

Default Not Happy.....

Had my car tuned by a forum sponsor and after seeing how I got my car back I was disappointed about the whole thing and now that it is in the panel shop getting the roof cut back and repolished I'm rope able. I seen my car late one night at the work shop that tuned it, it was under a hoist with a pig of a car above it and over night it has leaked on my car and damaged the paint. I hope they don't have to paint it or there will be hell to pay...
You may be able to tune car but try and respect them, you know who you are...

BOSS_290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dude that sucks, good luck with it
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
BOSS_290
Starter Motor

The roof needs painting well done SPONSOR.. :
Old 16-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I hope everything gets worked out for you ... I'd be ropeable as well.
Hopefully an amicable resolution is found.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Name them. Sponsor or not, if they're incompetent then people should know to avoid them.

Sorry to hear about the roof. Obviously the incompetent twats are paying for the repairs?
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #6
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lucky it was just the roof, make sure the paint is matched up perfectly, if not looks like they will have to respray the whole car. They are paying for the repairs arent they?
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #7
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Name them. Sponsor or not, if they're incompetent then people should know to avoid them.

Sorry to hear about the roof. Obviously the incompetent twats are paying for the repairs?
Like that will get past the Mods !
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #8
max^power
Formerly au^ute

you shouldn't have to foot the bill for fixing the damage they did. i'd want to know who they are if they dont pay up. I'm looking at getting my car tuned one day and i would choose a sponsor - how do i know the one i choose won't fix the damage they do to my paint if you're not allowed to say.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
you shouldn't have to foot the bill for fixing the damage they did. i'd want to know who they are if they dont pay up. I'm looking at getting my car tuned one day and i would choose a sponsor - how do i know the one i choose won't fix the damage they do to my paint if you're not allowed to say.
I agree with au^ute - being a forum sponsor shouldnt protect them from being named, especially when their workman ship and level of care is not better than a back yard mechanic.

Whoever this so-called forum sponsor is lets hear a rebutle and come to some sort of level ground with the member whos roof got wrecked!!!

Last edited by DarkXr; 16-12-2005 at 08:52 PM.
DarkXr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
CongoAU2
AYE YOU

I Understand how you feel. The Same thing happened to my old car when it went into the Car salesmans mechanics to get stuff fixed under warranty. I would want to know who they were that has done it and think you should post it up of who it is.
CongoAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think this should be dealt with between BOSS_290 and the "sponser" first before anyone jumps to conclusions. I dont know who it is and I dont want it posted on the site at the moment.
No, a sponser doens not have the right to "damage" a car but, even if it wasnt a sponser, I would not allow the name of the company to be posted. BOSS_290 may have an issue with the tuner however it is his issue to sort out and, unless the sponser wants to answer in this thread, it would be best if it was left to private negotiation for the time being.
If, after that, there is no compromise made, I suggest BOSS_290 can persue it further with the admins if he feels he has been left in a no win situation.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #12
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For what it's worth, it's only fair that the "forum sponsor" in question be approached & made aware (if not already) that there is a problem. IMO it only seems right to give them the opportunity to compensate you before they have their reputation dragged through the mud due to the stupidity of maybe 1 person. If they deny liability or won't compensate you then I would consider flaming them on a public forum, not before though. Hope an amicable outcome is reached for all concerned. :the_finge
Old 16-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #13
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I think this should be dealt with between BOSS_290 and the "sponser" first before anyone jumps to conclusions. I dont know who it is and I dont want it posted on the site at the moment.
No, a sponser doens not have the right to "damage" a car but, even if it wasnt a sponser, I would not allow the name of the company to be posted. BOSS_290 may have an issue with the tuner however it is his issue to sort out and, unless the sponser wants to answer in this thread, it would be best if it was left to private negotiation for the time being.
If, after that, there is no compromise made, I suggest BOSS_290 can persue it further with the admins if he feels he has been left in a no win situation.
Understanable reaction and I certainly understand your logic, I also understand that there is always two sides to every story.... But, I think people on FFAU who put a lot of faith in the workman ship and the care of the site sponsor's should be given this type of information which could ultimatley help with a very important choice "who do I let tune my car"...... If what is stated above is true and a leaking car was put above a high performance and very "Expensive" machine then whether they foot the bill or not i dont think this kind of absent mindedness is acceptable - site sponsor or no site sponsor..

my 2 cents
Old 16-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #14
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also people, what you need to keep in mind is I hardly think the Sponsor/Tuner responsible is not going to pay up, because they'd know full well if they didn't pay for repairs to damaged they've caused due to negligence theyre gonna be named wether they like it or not...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #15
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXr
Understanable reaction and I certainly understand your logic, I also understand that there is always two sides to every story.... But, I think people on FFAU who put a lot of faith in the workman ship and the care of the site sponsor's should be given this type of information which could ultimatley help with a very important choice "who do I let tune my car"...... If what is stated above is true and a leaking car was put above a high performance and very "Expensive" machine then whether they foot the bill or not i dont think this kind of absent mindedness is acceptable - site sponsor or no site sponsor..

my 2 cents
You said it yourself up there.
Now, for the record, what happens if the paint is damaged, BOSS_290 tells the sponser who then pays for the damage and makes ammends to BOSS_290's complete satisfaction? All walk away happy... except the sponser has been publically nailed for a mistake that they have accepted and paid for? Is this fair?

I understand BOSS_290 is not happy however time must be given for all the issues to be sorted out or at least attempted to be sorted out. If, at that point, he is still unhappy then something further may come of it.. but not now and not in a public thread.

Old 16-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #16
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll leave it there - I just hope that something is sorted out for BOSS_290. Keep us posted.

cheers fellas
DarkXr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #17
max^power
Formerly au^ute

hope it's sorted before heathcote, im looking for a tune before then.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #18
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Who's is BOSS_290?

I'm sure I have seen lots of posts under that name but it only reads 2 under his name.

Credibility???
We do have a few of them, boss 290's, boss-290, BOSS_290 & BOSS290

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #19
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Let me clarify our stance on these issues so that everyone understands our position.

1. It is perfectly acceptable for a member with an issue related to a forum sponsor to raise that issue in the appropriate forum without identifying the business concerned.

2. Every attempt should be made to resolve the situation to the satisfaction of the member by direct negotiation with the business concerned but if this fails to achieve a result then one of the site admins should be contacted who will then make an approach to the business directly.

3. If that approach has not achieved an acceptable compromise then the sponsor concerned may be named with the consent of a member of the admin (not moderation) team but the business concerned will be advised of the thread and provided with a right of reply.

Our sponsors are chosen based on our experiences of the quality of their workmanship, their reputations and how well their businesses fit with the aims of this forum. There is a waiting list and those who do not conduct their business in a manner conducive to the spirit of this forum would not be welcome to stay.

Having said that let me also add that the issue raised above is not exactly one that has been caused by any unusual practice - it's common to stack cars in the manner described in a busy workshop and this looks rather more like an unfortunate set of circumstances that has caught them out. I've yet to find a workshop that makes NO mistakes but the issue for us is how those mistakes are dealt with rather than whether they actually occur.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #20
BOSS_290
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Who's is BOSS_290?

I'm sure I have seen lots of posts under that name but it only reads 2 under his name.

Credibility???
What has credibility got to do with it?
I may have not been registered with this forum for a long time, but I have been reading it for quite a while. I chose to take my car to the particular sponsor in good faith from what I have read, so no one was more surprised than me to have this happen at a "respected" workshop.
So far, they have refused to pay for the damage. WTF!!!
If anyone wants to know who it is send me a PM
Old 17-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #21
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS_290
I may have not been registered with this forum for a long time, but I have been reading it for quite a while. I chose to take my car to the particular sponsor in good faith from what I have read, so no one was more surprised than me to have this happen at a "respected" workshop.
Ring them. Right now. I'm sure they would be more than willing to talk to you.
Writing things in a thread is only aggrivating the situation. Speak to them, discuss it with them and I'm sure you will get a satisfactory result.

Old 17-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #22
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Right, so if they have refused to pay for the damage, name them? Unless of course you are not telling the whole truth...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 12:31 PM   #23
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Boss 290

Re read Russell's post, slowly and carefully
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #24
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Customer service and skill is my priority when looking for a good workshop. NOT who can stack my car the best. Accidents happen everyday in good "respectable" workshops.

IMHO Boss 290 has no right to bag out anyone (sponsor or not) for making a mistake. Let them fix it first and let them do it properly without you causing them extra grief/pressure with this post.

I would rather know who they are if they did a great job fixing the repair than to know who they are now.

My 2 cents
Old 17-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #25
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Had my car tuned by a forum sponsor and after seeing how I got my car back I was disappointed about the whole thing and now that it is in the panel shop getting the roof cut back and repolished I'm rope able. I seen my car late one night at the work shop that tuned it, it was under a hoist with a pig of a car above it and over night it has leaked on my car and damaged the paint. I hope they don't have to paint it or there will be hell to pay...
You may be able to tune car but try and respect them, you know who you are...
I hope this gets sorted out quickly.I have had this sort of thing happend to me and it gets very frustrating.That's why now i usually stay with the car or do it myself.If any business doesn't like it i won't use them.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #26
BOSS_290
Starter Motor

I only started this thread because they didn't want to pay for the puff let alone painting the roof.
The car has only been to two places the dealer which was months ago and this work shop and I don't own a hoist.
Old 17-12-2005, 03:46 PM   #27
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have approached them about the damage (and paying for it) and they have refused, then do as has been suggested. Send admin a pm and see what can be sorted.
Only after all avenues have been exhausted should anyone name any business on a public forum... IMO anyway.

But, there is nothing stopping you from stating as you have, 'pm you about who'.......Then it is up to members if they really want to know to send you a pm.

I really do hope you get it sorted, hate to say this but most places actually have signs up stating they accept no responsibility in any damage etc....... So, you may not get anywhere, but then again, you just might.

Cheers and Good luck
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #28
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
If you have approached them about the damage (and paying for it) and they have refused, then do as has been suggested. Send admin a pm and see what can be sorted.
Only after all avenues have been exhausted should anyone name any business on a public forum... IMO anyway.

But, there is nothing stopping you from stating as you have, 'pm you about who'.......Then it is up to members if they really want to know to send you a pm.

I really do hope you get it sorted, hate to say this but most places actually have signs up stating they accept no responsibility in any damage etc....... So, you may not get anywhere, but then again, you just might.

Cheers and Good luck
Fiery a Good business will and should fix the problem.If i was in this position i would defanately file a report to my insurance company.Let them sort it out.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #29
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't or have not disagreed that a good business should (& would)pay for the damage, or at least fix it themselves....my point was that some businesses do get away with a lot of shoddy stuff simply by having that type of sign....
Im not in anyway suggesting a good business would do that, but after dealing with a few shoddy business in Qld, you learn fast (even those that some class as 'good' may not always be good (if that makes sense)...

I agree with talking the insurance company, maybe they can fix it..
my points were really directed towards people asking boss_290 to name that business...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2005, 04:08 PM   #30
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
I only started this thread because they didn't want to pay for the puff let alone painting the roof.
The car has only been to two places the dealer which was months ago and this work shop and I don't own a hoist.
Do you mean that you claimed they have damaged the car well and truely after you picked it up? or do you mean you cant prove it was them but only assume it was them cause "you dont have a hoist" ?

It could have been damaged elsewhere. You need to accept some benefit of doubt.