Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
chalkys1966
Fly Boy

Default idle surge - any help please

ok i have a NF2 windsor 5.0l engine. standard intake - after market headers and exhaust. goes well BUT GRRRRRRRRRR idle surge!

anyone who has had this problem will know what i am on about. the issue is fixing it. ive read all sorts of posts and issues but i finally took it to ford in epping. they have told me after several hours of searching its the fuel pump. i dont believe it !!

the problem is the car will idle surge - sit say at 1000 rpm then drop to 600rpm then back to 1000rpm etc. also its hard to hot start and blows a heap of black smoke when it fires. ive done a few checks myself with voltages and resetting idle. ford did all the tests and found no electronic faults. its not missing or misfiring - apart from this idle surge it goes nicely.
anyway if someone agrees its the pump ill go get one and fit it myself (ford wanted $700). any help out there? ive reposted this as the pub seems to get lots of attention! :

chalkys1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
FordFan86
meow

Checked all hoses? I had a similar problem, was a small vacuum leak from something to somewhere... put it back on and it settled down.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post