Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default sedan focus ??

How big is the boot in the sedan??? I've got the brochure and it's comparable with the falcon size.

Has any one down sized from the falcon into the focus sedan, how much room is there when compared back to the bigger car.

Looking at getting another car in the next few months and was shocked at the size

Thanx

ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
How big is the boot in the sedan??? I've got the brochure and it's comparable with the falcon size.

Has any one down sized from the falcon into the focus sedan, how much room is there when compared back to the bigger car.

Looking at getting another car in the next few months and was shocked at the size

Thanx
Never owned either a Focus or a Falcon - However I do know the size in the Sedan's boot is about 5L more then the Falcon... Shocking I know, but good for the Focus! Apparently the boot in the New Yaris SEDAN is bigger then the Holden Commodore - again shocked!

Good luck with the Focus! I've seen a Focus Sedan with the Bodykit and Zetec Rims... and shesh did it look good!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya

Thanx
I've gone from a EF Falcon to a Focus hatch (slightly shorter than the sedan i think) and the Focus has width, but you can fit taller things in the boot (Ie a 12kg BBQ gas bottle upright only clears the EF bootlid by 1cm, whereas the focus still has heaps of space above it.

You can also fold down the seats (the bottom seat cushion folds forward to make the seatback fold flat, and also stopping things sliding into the driver's seat back) and you can fit a lot.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have bought the ghia sedan and got the bodykit, etc. if it had come in manual, but the boot is 510L in the sedan and 505L in the falcon, The boot of the hatch is 385L
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You will probably find the Focus boot a little more usable, as i believe it is completely flat. Falcon would be better if you were towing or had 3 adults to carry across the back...... But the new Focus doesnt seem as narrow as say a Corolla!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
owens

The boot in the sedan is crap. It's too big and so makes me put more and more junk in there, of which I haven't been bothered to clean up yet. Haven't run out of space yet though
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
I would have bought the ghia sedan and got the bodykit, etc. if it had come in manual, but the boot is 510L in the sedan and 505L in the falcon, The boot of the hatch is 385L
Lack of manual Ghia also forced my decision. I just love that Ghia interior.

Boot is vast, but main difference I notice over a full-size sedan is that the actual aperture (opening) is smaller, so access isn't quite as easy.

It's almost a mistake to think of the new Focus as a small car - it's more of an intermediate car, like the old Telstar. The width, in particular, makes it stand out from the smaller cars. It's a great compromise between big and small without losing the driving appeal of a smaller car.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post