Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Rough Idle Au1

Hey guys, after some advice here, my AU1 Fairmont drives beautifully but the idle is a bit rough, sort of hunts a bit and vibrates sometimes more than I think it should. I've replaced the leads, spark plugs, fuel filter in the past week and it hasn't helped too much. The mechanic I've been too reckons it's most likely the injectors at this stage, since he's had it hooked up to the computer and all is good there and it's obviously not the leads, plugs or fuel filter. Does this sound reasonable? He's quoted me 200 bucks to take it all apart and clean the injectors. Is this a hard job, or should I get some NEW injectors myself and put them in? Any other ideas? I want to get it all sorted and running perfectly before I start too many pricey mods... Thanks a lot, Matt.

mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine does a simular thing. I dont notice it when I start it up, but when Im sitting at the lights, I can.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Clean your pcv valve and make sure the hose going into the rear of the rocker cover is tight.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't checked the hose, but I forgot to mention I cleaned the throttle body and ISC valve too. Has anyone changed their injectors themselves?
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

injectors aren't that hard compared to a diesel motor where u have to bleed the fuel system

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post