Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Haysey
Starter Motor

Default NSW- Cars needed for "Dangerous" Southern Star Production

Hey all,

Im new here but getting the word out on the forums, A friend of mine called requesting that i get a catalogue of cars together for an upcoming ram raid movie/mini series being made by Channel 9, it will be shot in about a month from now. I have got cars from skyline forums, fast fours, and now its time for some auzzie muscle.

What i need from you is an email with your name, contact number and most importantly Pictures of your car.

There will be carpark scenes, cars will be crashed (not yours) and appearances paid for so if your interested email me NOW....
**** contact details removed****

Thanks all
Ed

Last edited by Casper; 15-08-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 14-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
Haysey
Starter Motor

WOW, already a big interest.
Keep the emails coming guys!
Old 14-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Sounds dodgy ... but from the look on the Southern Star website there is details about this new series:

31/07/2006
FOXTEL commissions new Australian drama series

FOXTEL today announced it had commissioned an exclusive new Australian drama series for subscription television viewers.

DANGEROUS is an explosive action series, a “Romeo and Juliet” story with a tale of forbidden love, set against the culturally diverse backgrounds of western suburbs street crime and the affluence of Sydney’s eastern suburbs.

The eight-part, one-hour series will break new ground for Australian drama, exploring youth culture like never before, including taboo subjects like party-drug use and the underground world of drag racing and ram-raiding.

DANGEROUS, to be produced in partnership with Southern Star John Edwards, will commence production in September and will premiere on FOXTEL’s flagship entertainment channel FOX8 in late 2006.

The series is the follow up to the outstanding success of the critically-acclaimed and multi award-winning locally produced FOXTEL drama Love My Way.

Creator John Edwards and co-producer Imogen Banks have commenced pre-production on DANGEROUS with script development well advanced. Writers Fiona Seres and Brendan Cowell, acclaimed for their work on Love My Way, are also involved in the project. It will be directed by David Caesar and Shawn Seet.

“Dangerous will be like no other drama series ever seen on Australian television – it will be action packed, fast and furious and break new ground as it taps and explores western Sydney youth culture through a classic forbidden love story,” FOXTEL Executive Director of Television and Marketing Brian Walsh said.

“Dangerous dramatically expands FOXTEL’s commitment to local drama and we are delighted to again be working with John Edwards and look forward to exclusively providing our subscribers with another excellent production.”

John Edwards said: “It’s great fun to try and make something that’s fresh and original and bends the rules a bit. FOXTEL are fantastic partners because they’ve got two demands – be original and be good at it”.

DANGEROUS will be shot entirely on location in Sydney.

Southern Star Entertainment Chief Executive Hugh Marks and FOXTEL’s Drama Consultant Kim Vecera will be Executive Producers. Southern Star International will distribute the program.

DANGEROUS joins the third series of the critically-acclaimed LOVE MY WAY on the FOXTEL platform’s drama production slate for 2006.
Old 14-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'd say interested parties would be best speaking to Southern Star directly though.

details are on their website:
http://www.southernstargroup.com/New...?niid=1544&d=0
http://www.southernstargroup.com/

I wouldn't be sending details to an email address of someone with one post that is unknown on a forum though.
Old 14-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Group C

Quote:
the underground world of drag racing
yep, nice move this one.
lets all jump in and glorify, what I assume, is street racing, as if it wasn't a big enough problem already...
i'm assuming this because they called it "the UNDERGROUND world of drag racing", and REAL drag racing wasn't too "underground" the last time i checked.
REAL racing, of any kind, only happens on a track.

and very good advice from Mechan1k too.
speak to those involved directly, and while i'm definitly NOT saying that this thread's author is 'up to something...', you just can't be too carefull these days.
Old 14-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Not a fan of the idea myself ... hence my warning message ... but to me ... it looks pretty dodgy indeed ... I don't want to be seen in something like this.
Old 15-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
jack_crowley

Heh I kinda don't want to give my car in for a "Dangerous" production with crashes/stunts where they may totally thrash my car, call me silly though.
Old 15-08-2006, 02:03 AM   #8
EFFalcon
Last warning

i'd do it if i was in NSW.
maybe the production is called "dangerous"
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 15-08-2006, 02:35 AM   #9
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Looks interesting, why havent Southern Star Directly approached FF themselves?

Im with You Mechan1K, something is dodgy.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 15-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Javelin is "dangerous" .. cr@ppy brakes and steering .. it's a deathtrap even as a static display!!
Old 15-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
i'd do it if i was in NSW.
maybe the production is called "dangerous"

It is .... I put it in post #3.
It just don't like the idea of giving my details to someone why has 1 or 2 posts to their name ... for all I know they could be a part of a car theiving ring.

As mentioned ... why isn't there a direct contact with production staff of Southern Star Productions. That's my concern.
Old 15-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #12
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a snowflakes chance in hell.
Old 15-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #13
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

They could just contact all car clubs in NSW & ask us if we like to help out. It not hard to find the clubs these days.
Old 15-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Sledgehammer
Banned

Wouldnt use a hotmail account if it was ligit....
Old 15-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #15
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I dont like this one bit. I suggest if it is on the level the author contact the registered car clubs.

Thread closed

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread