Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Friends in a bad way

Have you ever had to experience seeing your friends in a bad way?
I dont want stories of car accidents or anything really depressing considering it is Christmas day.
Let me share with you something that happened to me yesterday.
It all started a week ago, we currently have a good friend who resides with us a couple of days a week because he is without a permenant home.
He is a full time worker and pays his child support weekly, but has little left after.
A week ago we had a disagreement over the way he keeps his things laying around when he stays elsewhere.
I never heard from him again so on the wednesday i sent him a message asking if he would pick up his stuff as he obviously has somewhere better to stay, and got no reply.
Yesterday my wife recieved a call from a doctor who had my mate in his consulting suite and asked if we could pick him up.
I was hesitant, but decided to give him the benifit of the doubt.
When i arrived at the doctors surgery, i asked the receptionist to call for him as i couldn't see him and figured he may still be with the GP.
She got no response and checked the rooms without luck.
I decided to sit and wait a while, and whilst sitting there, i noticed my mate get up from the seat infront of the receptionist and head to the loo.
I followed him and waited outside.
When he came out i looked at him and said how do you feel mate.
He glanced in my direction and had a stare that went straight through me.
He turned and proceeded to where he was before and sat down.
At that stage my own GP came out of his suite and said hi.
I approached him and asked wether he could see my mate because i have known him 18yrs and he looked at me as though he had never seen me before in his life.
My GP was concerned as was i and took him into his suite.
Whilst in consultation the receptionist told me that she had never seen anything like it before and gave her the creeps.
When they returned my GP introduced him to me and asked if he knew me, he said vaguely from somewhere.
I was then instructed to take him straight to the Hospital for admittance.

Very scary stuff to be face to face with a good friend and have him not know who you are.

BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Do you mean your friend got amnesia?
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I dont want stories of car accidents or anything really depressing considering it is Christmas day.
and what you just posted was an 'uplifting' story? :
Old 25-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
Scott

So what now?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

why was he at the doctors??

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i dont get this?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think he lost his memory somehow?

That sucks dude. I've had older family members that are like that, it's not too fun.

I've seen a few of my friends in bad ways, mainly suicidal and depression.. Which, I won't go into, to not bum anyone out etc, lol.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #8
Falchoon

Not doing bad (is there such a thing as good?) recreational drugs?
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Thanks to all who posted, i wasn't quite sure of what was wrong with him at the time i started this thread.
I spoke with a psychiatric nurse who believed it may have been stress related and perhaps triggered by his longing to see his kids etc. at this time of year.
I must admit, recreational drugs was something i had considered as it appeared as though he was influenced by something.

It appears as though he is on the road to recovery, and has greater awareness of who people are around.
He was allowed out for christmas but is going to have further investigative tests.

cheers
Steve
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #10
Ringo
I see you....

Not that I am doctor or have any medical experience BUT...a similar thing happened to a guy a worked with.

He came into work (he walked, not drove) and like a walking zombie. He was staring at people and ignored people who were talking to him. He ended being taken by the hand and led away into the office away from everyone. It freaked everyone out.

He just got back from a trip on the Fairstar where basically he had been on a 3 week drinking binge (yes he had a drinking problem) and his Doc also believed that he had been slipped a hallucinagenic drug like LSD or something.

Took him about 2 weeks to recover and after which he resigned because he couldn't face coming back into work, some people where scared by his behaviour.

I asked my Doc about it and he said that most people who end up in mental hospitals do it through pickling their brain through alcahol - they kill off so many brain cells they mentally retard themselves.

I feel for the situation you and your mate are in. Xmas is a rotten time of year for those of us with bad family situations.

Stay strong...stay true
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I feel for the situation you and your mate are in. Xmas is a rotten time of year for those of us with bad family situations.

Stay strong...stay true
Second that. This xmas was a bit of a shocker for me. You just gotta stay positive and come out stronger than ever.

Hope your mate is doing ok.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #12
crossingover

Firstly i hope your mate is feeling better and recovering well.
Something sinilar to this happened to me 4 years ago i was living in a block of flats in nsw above a dumb druggie dealer who also eventually became a friend as i helped him on many occasions fixing his car.One afternoon he offered me a glass of apple juice as i was fixing his car to coool off as weayher was hot.That night i jumped in my car which was a vn 5.o those days smashed it through a rounabout kept driving until i had most of nsw cops following me and eventually pulled me over and i resisted arrest and story just goes on and on.Basically for the next 2 weeks i was almost in a vegetive state with no apeptitye at all and frying my brain in a very dangerous and scarey way as my wife tells me once i recovered after a week in a phsyc ward.At the end of this nightmare my neighbours brother came to tell us that he had felt sorry for us as we had been through alot lately,and that his brother had spiked my apple juice with a susbstance called base (speed) with ice base or what ever it was? I moved out of there in a week relocated and eventually moved to melbourne.But his time will come i thought as i dint act on it.I can with happiness say today i have found out he is a cronic heroin addict on the verge of dying I was glad to hear this mind you while we were going through all this dilema the children were also exposed to this my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son.It is something that took us a while as a family to recover.I hope that tool burns in hell and continues down the death road.

Oh and forgot to say > hes reason was it was just a joke to see how i will handle it??
You will find these days alot of this behaviour is going on around users and dealers as they then sit back and watch you fry your brain and they have a big laugh about it.
Old 27-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #13
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Atleast at Easter he can hide his own eggs....... :
Old 27-12-2006, 07:38 PM   #14
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Alcohol is bad mmkay..
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #15
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Ive looked after mates who have been extremly drunk. However, a couple of years ago, I was stupid enough to have 2 bottles of a big name Scotch in 1 day and was admitted to hospital. Fortunatley I dont remember any of the events of that day. I certainly wont be repeating it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #16
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingover
Firstly i hope your mate is feeling better and recovering well.
Something sinilar to this happened to me 4 years ago i was living in a block of flats in nsw above a dumb druggie dealer who also eventually became a friend as i helped him on many occasions fixing his car.One afternoon he offered me a glass of apple juice as i was fixing his car to coool off as weayher was hot.That night i jumped in my car which was a vn 5.o those days smashed it through a rounabout kept driving until i had most of nsw cops following me and eventually pulled me over and i resisted arrest and story just goes on and on.Basically for the next 2 weeks i was almost in a vegetive state with no apeptitye at all and frying my brain in a very dangerous and scarey way as my wife tells me once i recovered after a week in a phsyc ward.At the end of this nightmare my neighbours brother came to tell us that he had felt sorry for us as we had been through alot lately,and that his brother had spiked my apple juice with a susbstance called base (speed) with ice base or what ever it was? I moved out of there in a week relocated and eventually moved to melbourne.But his time will come i thought as i dint act on it.I can with happiness say today i have found out he is a cronic heroin addict on the verge of dying I was glad to hear this mind you while we were going through all this dilema the children were also exposed to this my 10 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son.It is something that took us a while as a family to recover.I hope that tool burns in hell and continues down the death road.

Oh and forgot to say > hes reason was it was just a joke to see how i will handle it??
You will find these days alot of this behaviour is going on around users and dealers as they then sit back and watch you fry your brain and they have a big laugh about it.
It wasn't speed mate. Now iv'e never touched anything in my life but i know what is what and how it effect's you and speed/gas even in it's purest form wouldn't do that.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 03:03 AM   #17
crossingover

I my self also dont have much knowledge towards drugs,But when the guys brother told me he also stated it was in liquid form so yeah maybe wasnt speed but i still dont know till today what it exactly was? Though it was a real scary moment in my life.I wouldnt wish it on anyone bud.
Old 28-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #18
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I my self also dont have much knowledge towards drugs,But when the guys brother told me he also stated it was in liquid form so yeah maybe wasnt speed but i still dont know till today what it exactly was? Though it was a real scary moment in my life.I wouldnt wish it on anyone bud.
Yea i don't blame you, one of my closest friends used to go out and get herself all ****** up everyday. But she's sorted her life out now and is back to normal and probally one of the best people i know, always was really.

Gas in it's purest form is an oil, even when cut 1-1 it's unmistakeable what it is just by the smell.
Old 29-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #19
XRCISM
Speed Demon

crossingover - how the hell did you not go and deck the idiot? ing_sm

I'm curious .... did you go back to the cops to try and clear your name or did you figure it wouldn't do any good? (I'm guessing they laid charges against you?)
Old 30-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #20
crossingover

Xrcism i got locked up in parramatta cells for 4 days couldnt get bail judge was a *****.Then off to silverwater for 2 days and after the gp in the place saw me she recommended i be sent to mental institute,so the cat team came and took me.I eventually got a new lawyer and appealled my sentence and was spared jail but i had to see a parole officer for 12 months.As for this idiot his day will come he is connected to a bikie club i wont say wich one? And no i couldnt tell police because i knew there would be trouble if he was arrested.I have seen guys kick my opposite neighbours door down with machities because she called cops as they were noisy.So yeah telling cops about him would not be wise?It was a costly trauma,1.lost my job 2.my wife nearly lost the plot due to stress factor of me being locked up.3.Children were very scared of me for a few months.4.5 grand in legal fees including 1.5 grand bail.Some times things are just better left alone i love life to the fullest and my family so id dare go and put this guy out of his misery and do jail over low life! I have moved on but he still is a man walking around with a shovel on his shoulder digging his grave with his own doing.I have a large network of friends in melbourne and nsw i do keep an eye on him.
I now can never have anyone poure me a drink and anything thats not bottled.
Old 30-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
XRCISM
Speed Demon

That's quite a price you paid for some d@*#heads entertainment. Now I see why him being on the verge of dying got 3 smilies!!!
Glad to hear you and your family have moved on (and away) from this incident/idiot.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Xrcism i got locked up in parramatta cells for 4 days couldnt get bail judge was a *****.Then off to silverwater for 2 days and after the gp in the place saw me she recommended i be sent to mental institute,so the cat team came and took me.I eventually got a new lawyer and appealled my sentence and was spared jail but i had to see a parole officer for 12 months.As for this idiot his day will come he is connected to a bikie club i wont say wich one? And no i couldnt tell police because i knew there would be trouble if he was arrested.I have seen guys kick my opposite neighbours door down with machities because she called cops as they were noisy.So yeah telling cops about him would not be wise?It was a costly trauma,1.lost my job 2.my wife nearly lost the plot due to stress factor of me being locked up.3.Children were very scared of me for a few months.4.5 grand in legal fees including 1.5 grand bail.Some times things are just better left alone i love life to the fullest and my family so id dare go and put this guy out of his misery and do jail over low life! I have moved on but he still is a man walking around with a shovel on his shoulder digging his grave with his own doing.I have a large network of friends in melbourne and nsw i do keep an eye on him.
I now can never have anyone poure me a drink and anything thats not bottled.
Bail isn't a cost unless you don't show up.