Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
all4ford
XW 351

Default Pickles Auctions Sydney

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been to pickles auctions belmore, sydney lately and seen how much BA XT and Futura 03/04 models are going for this year?

I'm looking at buying one in the next couple of weeks hopefully with no more than 60,000km on it. I cant get down there for a look and I tried to register online at work but it wouldn't work something to do with the internet security I think.

Thanks to all who reply.

all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

You would be better off going to the fowlers group government car auctions at Moorebank http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/

I got my 04 ba mk1 futura with 38000km and 12 months factory warranty for $13600. A steal! I went to a few auctions both there and at pickles, and the pickles cars generally had a higher starting price and sold for around $1-2K more for cars with comparable kms/condition. My car was slightly cheaper than average as it was a later lot, most people and dealers had already bought their cars by that stage.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
You would be better off going to the fowlers group government car auctions at Moorebank http://www.governmentauctions.com.au/

I got my 04 ba mk1 futura with 38000km and 12 months factory warranty for $13600. A steal! I went to a few auctions both there and at pickles, and the pickles cars generally had a higher starting price and sold for around $1-2K more for cars with comparable kms/condition. My car was slightly cheaper than average as it was a later lot, most people and dealers had already bought their cars by that stage.
Okay thanks mate, i might have to take a sickie and go there. ha ha.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing

My car was slightly cheaper than average as it was a later lot, most people and dealers had already bought their cars by that stage.
I like that one, people AND dealers!!
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all4ford - I've used Pickles here in Brisbane and cant fault them.

Picked up a great buy and their service/process was very good.

Good luck - its the only way I'll buy cars from now on (is via auctions) - such good value to be had.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I worked there for them many years ago for a week or two...
Drooled and protected, with a pistola on my hip.

Seemed pretty straight forward at the time, although buying and selling wasnt my business back then.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ford
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has been to pickles auctions belmore, sydney lately and seen how much BA XT and Futura 03/04 models are going for this year?

I'm looking at buying one in the next couple of weeks hopefully with no more than 60,000km on it. I cant get down there for a look and I tried to register online at work but it wouldn't work something to do with the internet security I think.

Thanks to all who reply.

You should get it for around 8-10 grand for the XT, 9-11 for the futura depending on condition.
There is a bit of a glut at the moment, due to christmas and lower household spending this time of year.
If you have Norton internet security, you will need to allow it to accept popups and then you should be able to login.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
all4ford
XW 351

Thanks everyone. LTD I would love to pick one up that cheap because then I have some money for a stereo etc. I already have a set of 19s, an XR front bar and side skirts (A mate got a custom kit put on his), I just need the XR head lights and the car. :eclipsee_
Old 07-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
Ando_Leigh

Hey mate i was down there on monday. trying to pick up an xr6 but missed out.

I don't have the catolouge on me will check it when i get home. but from mem they seemed to be going around the 12-13K mark

the MK11 xr6's all went for 22-23K
Old 07-02-2007, 05:56 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

There seems to be a couple in the sort of area you are looking for, stock number 143628, and number 143286.
As a general rule, I have found that the cars at pickles in fyshwick ACT tend to go for a little less than the Sydney counterparts, and you can bid online.
Bought an 04 BA LTD from them last february for 32K with 20K on the clock. That was the online auction; and Sydney had them for around 36K with a little more on the clock.

Quote: