Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Head Injury
Starter Motor

Default Jubilee Ford closes down - why?

Got a letter in the mail from my local Ford Dealer - Jubille Ford, Five Dock, Sydney.

They inform me that due to the expiry of their lease they are closing down and ask me where I would like to send the records of my car servicing to ??????? with a list of all Sydney dealers

I live in Croydon with options of City Ford, Dale Ford (Bankstown) and other dealers further afield...........not good enough FoA!
On top of that Jubilee Ford had a dam good service centre with top people.

I go to their web site (here) and they give a different reason - something like joining the might of other Sydney dealers...........

Does anybody really know why they closed?
Not happy Ford, and it leaves a decent whole in your Sydney geography. :

Head Injury is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
henry_ford
order taker

My ex wife worked there and would still be there if they didnt shut. they simply were not making money, and as i belive the group that owns them the AAG also owns many of the surrounding dealers they are cutting there losses and closing it. assuming that the sales they will miss will be picked up by the surrounding yards as will the servicing and parts.
henry_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't Thomson Ford at Parramatta be the nearest? Or maybe Garlicks?
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Thats a pity,bought my new AUXR8 from them, the service side was pretty good I agree. Pity for all the good ppl in there. Hope they find some jobs soon for themselves.

I currently use Garlicks, wouldn't go to Dales purely in the area it's in,puke !
South African group owns them from memory ? They want profits big time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
landau5.8

Allow me to set the record straight, they are shutting down due to a few reasons: a)the lease was to much to pay b)Ford Australia would not allow them to move down the road to where wagon wheels used to be(a much bigger site with less rent). c)Ford Australia would not allow them to carry another franchise so they could be muilti franchise (which you have to be nowadays). Ford Australia wants all their franchises to be stand alone but says nothing to the likes of Ford Liverpool and others who are already carrying various franchises. How do I know this? Insider info.
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
landau5.8

Oh, I forgot to mention to BlueDriver,

The group also ownes Brad Garlicks......
landau5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
RATT

Multi franchise dealerships are the way of the future. Ford will have to allow this asap if they don't want any other dealers shutting down. Jubilee was right next door to Toyota anyway, so if anything they weren't in a bad location.
It was mainly due to the rent more than anything.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #8
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Brad Garlick's is about the pick of the dealerships more-or-less in the vicinity.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
MarkAW

Sent my XR6 to Dale Ford this morning for the 3K new vehicle service (I work @ Homebush so thats the closest)
The warranty work is an oil leak around the sump and a strange click noise (like a relay operating) when braking. The sump probably needs tightening as there are too many bolts on this car which are loose or missing especially in the trim components and the click noise is like nothing I've ever heard before.

The service people seemed OK mind you they claimed they were being watched by a set of Ford Auditors.

All I can do is wait for the call to pick it up - will let you know how they are.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #10
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Jubilee Ford closes down - why?

Now from someone who really knows the score .... me :. Jubilee Ford along with all the other Ford dealerships listed are not I repeat not owned by Ford of Australia. They are all owned by a group called Australian Auto Group Pty Limited which in turn is owned by a South African Company called Imperial Holdings. If you followed the provided link it will tell you something about the company's purchase of 9, now 8 Ford Dealerships.

http://www.imperial.co.za/ImperialNews.aspx

The reason Jubilee Ford has been targetted for close down is as they have said the lease is finishing up and to renew on their present site is too expensive - the site also needed extensive renovation and reorganisation, which the South African were probabley not prepared to pay plus the down turn in larger cars has meant the Jubilee Ford was not making the sort of profit that the other dealerships were making.

So as you can see it is not Ford of Australia making this dealership close, it's just a matter of profit over expenditure.
Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
elusiverunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

So, I wonder if they'll be just as happy to send the service records to a non AAG dealership?
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Heh just as I said in my post about Sth Africans, and I don't blame them.
It was run down to the hilt, many dealerships around them had gone through renos and Jubilee looked like a neglected property.
In saying that wasn't it part of the previous RJV ? Even during that period it never got an injection or at least a freshen up, milked it dry and yes the market had changed as well.
A great example of mis management, Garlicks is another operating in premises's from the ' 70's.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
henry_ford
order taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusiverunner
Now from someone who really knows the score .... me :. Jubilee Ford along with all the other Ford dealerships listed are not I repeat not owned by Ford of Australia. They are all owned by a group called Australian Auto Group Pty Limited which in turn is owned by a South African Company called Imperial Holdings. If you followed the provided link it will tell you something about the company's purchase of 9, now 8 Ford Dealerships.

http://www.imperial.co.za/ImperialNews.aspx

The reason Jubilee Ford has been targetted for close down is as they have said the lease is finishing up and to renew on their present site is too expensive - the site also needed extensive renovation and reorganisation, which the South African were probabley not prepared to pay plus the down turn in larger cars has meant the Jubilee Ford was not making the sort of profit that the other dealerships were making.

So as you can see it is not Ford of Australia making this dealership close, it's just a matter of profit over expenditure.

I did mention the AAG... but a nice if very indepth response.
henry_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau5.8
Allow me to set the record straight, they are shutting down due to a few reasons: a)the lease was to much to pay b)Ford Australia would not allow them to move down the road to where wagon wheels used to be(a much bigger site with less rent). c)Ford Australia would not allow them to carry another franchise so they could be muilti franchise (which you have to be nowadays). Ford Australia wants all their franchises to be stand alone but says nothing to the likes of Ford Liverpool and others who are already carrying various franchises. How do I know this? Insider info.
We where also told this. I am located in Homebush and we have fleet of around 25 Ford's that where all purchased and serviced by Jubilee. We also received our letter today, but was told late last year they where closing by the Boss. His primary reason sited the $1.5million per year rent for that site.

Now that is alot of sales and oil changes!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #15
ltd
Force Fed Fords

AAG group also own sydney mitsubishi, which is where Fred from service and a couple of the mechanics are going. Alot of them are going to city ford, some are going to Dale ford but Dale is on the chopping block as well. It's disgusting that Jubilee have closed, have been going there for many many years, and they had the best mechanic I have ever had the pleasure of knowing working there. When you told him of a fault it was fixed, and in the last 7 years I have never had to take a car back for a repair not done correctly. Ford Aus screwed up big time letting this service department close, as they were leaps and bounds ahead of the other dealerships. At least with Tony the manager you didn't get lied to, instead you were told straight up of the fault.
I am going to have to send my cars to Dale now, because the mechanic I have used for years has been transferred there. Does anyone know if Mark Duncan is still at Dale, or Con the manager?

Quote: