Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car bra for xr50 front bar?

Hi guys has anyone had a car bra made up for there au with the xr50 front bar and the bonnet with the buldge?
If so where can i go to get one and how much do they charge to make it.
I took mine home for the first time last night and already 2 decent chips on the front GRRRRRRRRRRR

JefXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both myself and Mick (BLUPRNT XR8)

Best bet is to talk to an Motor Trimmer. He had his done at Car Bra In Melbourne I think. They might still have all the measurements. PM Mick for more details. If they have the measurements, you can order over the phone I'm guessing.

Mine was a one off from Black Kat in Canberra, but they require the car for a few days. Mine cost me $550, but the guy said that it was an expensive exercise. I guess the number of hours it took.

If you want more information, just say the word

Here are some pics of mine.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it mark your paint at the top at all?
i am after a place that has the measurements already as i sorta live in the sticks and there is no one around here that ill do this sort of thing :(
Ill pm bluprnt and see if the bloke that done his has the measurements.
Thanks m8
Old 21-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Car bra in Melbourne, give them a call as they did mine late last year, no complaints and no rubbing, except if you bottom out : :

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefXR8
Does it mark your paint at the top at all?
i am after a place that has the measurements already as i sorta live in the sticks and there is no one around here that ill do this sort of thing :(
Ill pm bluprnt and see if the bloke that done his has the measurements.
Thanks m8
I get no rubbing on mine. I haven't had it on the car since I've done the stripes, this is why I need a respray on the front bar, and to get my stipes painted in. Going to buy a new front bar as I've ripped a few nasty gouges out of the bar and my stripes are ripped under there as well. Anyway, when it's on, no rubbing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
no complaints and no rubbing, except if you bottom out : :
That's only because you have the silly ghey Tickford Mesh that only weight's down the front of your car. Give it up Mick, you know you want too :hihi:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
JefXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks fellas its apreciated.
It looks like bluprnt's bra fits better then yours bucky?
Bigger boobs on the blue one maybe? lol j/k