Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
max
LWBforME

Default Remote won't unlock boot lid.

Anyone have an idea why when I press the boot lid unlock button on the remote pad, it does not work? All other remote functions are OK.

max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does the boot release button on the dash work?
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
toolchick01
Now with an AU XR6

Also does the LED on the remote come on when pressed. First thing I would be looking at would be the dash button, then the battery in the remote, and finally the connections internally. Something could have disconnected meaning there is no continuity in the remote for that button. Something may need to be re-soldered.

1999 AU1 XR6 VCT - Now with a momo steering wheel!
Manual - 18" Koya Race Tek's Black with polished lip - Lowered - Series 2 tail lights - Pioneer P80 Head Unit - Clarion Front 6" Splits - JL 5x7's Rear Coaxials - Clarion 4x90w RMS amp - Clarion DPX1800 800w RMS mono - 2 Clarion PXW1251 400w RMS 12" subs

Team Deck Chair Member ............ Once you sit down, you'll never stand up.
toolchick01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

I had that just recently. Boot button wouldn't open. But I could still lock the car like a charm. I opened the unit, pulled the battery out, put it back in, resealed it... and she worked like a charm.
XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
max
LWBforME

Cheers, guys. Yes the boot button on the dash does work. I will try the battery in the remote. Either replace battery or examine connections.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
rayburtt
Starter Motor

Iam having the same problem, boot isnt releasing from dash or remote.Light in boot not working either.
rayburtt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check your wires from boot foward, sounds like an unpluged harness somewhere if both are out
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
manjar68
XLR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburtt
Iam having the same problem, boot isnt releasing from dash or remote.Light in boot not working either.
I am now getting this on my AU2. The light is out inside the boot, the boot on remote and dash will not release the lid, but when I push the remote the lights flash as if it wants to open. All the wires I can see are still connected, and I have no idea what fuse this is linked to. Before I hand my wallet, belt and kids inheritance to our stealer, can anyone advise??.

Cheers
TJ
manjar68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The rear boot has a solenoid like a central locking one only much bigger. Does the boot open when you press the physical switch on the dash board? If not check the fuses.If the fuses are ok then remove the boot trim and make sure the solenoid has a good earth.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
manjar68
XLR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
The rear boot has a solenoid like a central locking one only much bigger. Does the boot open when you press the physical switch on the dash board? If not check the fuses.If the fuses are ok then remove the boot trim and make sure the solenoid has a good earth.
Just got back from some time interstate. The boot still a no go. The lights flash like it wants to open, all fuses are OK, and neither the dash button or the remote with new battery works. All wiring is in place as far as I can tell, and the boot now opens with a long red wire attached to the manual cable fed into the car from behind the seat (not really a long term solution though is it?).

Still avoiding the stealer on this, as the last time SHMBO took the car in for this same issue a few years ago they replaced almost everything and cost me lots!!
manjar68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post