Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Question XR5 Demand Fallen?

Hi All,

After some searching on car sale websites, there does seem to be a few sat at dealers. I called about a few of them, and have had no end of constant phone calls back to see if i want to buy. Has the demand declined??? Seems you could buy one and receive it tomorrow if you wanted!

Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Not really. more likely that the person who ordered the car got sick of waiting 8months for it and went and bought a VW GOLF GTI, or a Mazda3 MPS or something else.
That and the dealer wants WAY too much for the car cause its available straight away, and they figure if someone doesnt want to wait they should pay extra for the one we have here.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
BlackLS

Theres at least 4 XR5s sitting at the holding yard in Ingleburn that have been there for at least 2 weeks.

Hmmm **looks at bolt cutters and toolkit**
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes, my dealer has 3 of the bastards sitting in the holding yard, they all got too cocky with pricing and now its starting to hurt them.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Marshy79

Yup you guys hit the nail on the head....Dealers started asking wayyyy too much for them.

These are either cancelled orders... or cars sitting about because of a major stuff up they do not have power windows in the rears so no one wants them.

Have a look at the second hand cars for sale.... the dealers are asking over RRP for them!

Crazy!

People dont want to be ripped.. and will wait 6 months to save 4-6grand
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
Whitey Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B
Hi All,

After some searching on car sale websites, there does seem to be a few sat at dealers. I called about a few of them, and have had no end of constant phone calls back to see if i want to buy. Has the demand declined??? Seems you could buy one and receive it tomorrow if you wanted!
All the new ones this year arrived without rear power windows and global close so most informed buyers refused to take delivery.

As a result, there's a few sitting around.
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford
All the new ones this year arrived without rear power windows and global close so most informed buyers refused to take delivery.

As a result, there's a few sitting around.
That sounds like a huge c-ck up from the factory. There may some good deals coming up soon.....

Mmmmmmmm.........XR5......
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
smiley

Well they look alright but arn't really that fast if your after performance whereas the mazda is a little rocket.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

If they flog these off cheap, I'll buy one. hehehe

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #10
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Yup you guys hit the nail on the head....Dealers started asking wayyyy too much for them.
City Ford Melb have a Used orange one 19,000 klm's $39,990.

Dealers wont discount them, the dealers that have them know there is still a decent wait when ordering one.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
0xyg3n

Local dealer here didn't have any when I was there last (month or so ago) and the sales guy said he could easily sell another 3-5 if they had more stock.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's 17 secondhand ones and 6 new ones just on Carsales! Five of the new ones are in QLD?!

Given not all dealers advertise on the internet (or use other car sales type sites) it would appear they are relatively easy to find.

(PS: Funnily enough there are a lot of "exhorbitant" prices on the used ones ... Perhaps that's why there are so many? )
Old 18-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #13
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Well, I've made a few enquiries about the 'New' XR5's on carsales and 3 outta the 5 on there are the same car!!!
I popped into a local Ford dealer in Darra (bris) and they had one in the showroom. No eleccy rear windows (topic discussed), and apparantly Ford are going to retro fit the electric mechanism at a later date!?!
I'm getting a trade in figure tomorrow (monday) on the ST170 against the car available now at the Darra dealer. It's Orange with leather...i need to seat 5, so leather's outta the Q!
The dealer did mention that as the one they have has leather...he can quite easily swap that car with any other dealer that has an Orange car with cloth trim. He said there are many XR5's about that are available now!
Cheers, Mike
Old 18-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This sounds very reasonable, the Kedron Dealer has had a silver one and an orange one sitting around for a little while.... very interesting.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
Whitey Ford

Quote:
No eleccy rear windows (topic discussed), and apparantly Ford are going to retro fit the electric mechanism at a later date!?!
Official word is those who already have the cars are getting $1000 from Ford.

I am fighting it though, I have signed documentation saying they will fix it.
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Well, I've made a few enquiries about the 'New' XR5's on carsales and 3 outta the 5 on there are the same car!!!
I popped into a local Ford dealer in Darra (bris) and they had one in the showroom. No eleccy rear windows (topic discussed), and apparantly Ford are going to retro fit the electric mechanism at a later date!?!
I'm getting a trade in figure tomorrow (monday) on the ST170 against the car available now at the Darra dealer. It's Orange with leather...i need to seat 5, so leather's outta the Q!
The dealer did mention that as the one they have has leather...he can quite easily swap that car with any other dealer that has an Orange car with cloth trim. He said there are many XR5's about that are available now!
Cheers, Mike
That's where I got my Zetec from. Are you collecting it on Saturday? Look forward to seeing you at Mt Cootha this Sat or Sun.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
That's where I got my Zetec from. Are you collecting it on Saturday? Look forward to seeing you at Mt Cootha this Sat or Sun.

Hi mate,

I've gone for an XR5 that's at Maroochydore, collecting on Saturday! They did such a good deal on the ST, I couldn't believe the figures! Too good to miss out on!
It was quite amazing as I only starting 'looking' on Saturday, a week later i'm picking up the car :

See you at the weekend...I'm hopefully going Sat and Sun! You know...need to rack up some Kms.....

Mike
Old 22-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #18
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed the pic looks the same- but they each list different VIN numbers on the adverts- so they should be all different vehices?

Or the dealers should be reported to Carsales.....