Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Default 8 car pile up!

Well basically I was involved in an 8 car pile up on monday 26-3-07 at about 8:25am. Was on CH7 news on monday night for the Perth people.

We were all stopped at the traffic lights and I was a bit back from the lights. Suddenly there was a huge screetching and I knew what was about to happen. Bang bang bang bang bang big shove just barely touched the car in front.

Jump out and ask the bloke infront if he was alright. He had no damage and I didnt have any on the front. So in that part we were all sweet. Start having a chat while other people are getting out. Police woman was driving past at the time so she jumped straight in and started doing the cop thing and it was all going sweet. I was suprisingly in a good mood, which is odd as I should have been wanting to rip someones face off. Any other day but for some reason I woke up in a REALLY good mood. Could have been the good time the night before or the red bull and powerade. Not sure but the boss pretty much changed that when he wanted me to just start work as soon as I showed.

Anyway had a look around and there was some major damage. I think at least 2 cars would have been written off and lots of insurance money will be getting spent.

So anyway At the least ill be getting a new rear bumper and exhausr as its bent. Number plate also. And getting the towball/chassis checked for damage and as long as the tub didnt bend it should be an easy job. Hopefully can get some other scratches on rear panels fixed too.

Sorry I didnt get pics of the line of cars as I just wanted to make like a tree and get the **** outa there.

So heres a couple of pics of my ute and the damage. Which isnt too bad! I got off fairly lucky. Just a little bit of soreness in my shoulder and thats it.

Pics are off my phone so dont whinge. At least there are some photos.

Gotta say Just Cars have been brilliant so far and are working it all out. And cos Im regional I can get quotes from whoever I want. YAY!

So lucky to be at the front. unlucky to be there in the first place as normally I would have passed by about 5 minutes later. Such is life.

Anyway there ya go. Any questions or whatever fire away!

Cheers,

Mark

crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bad luck there mate, at least you wern`t injured and you can always fix metal, someone has been in a day dream for sure, at least you can still drive yours, hope they do a good job fixin it for you
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

first the cliched that'll buff out.

glad you're allrigth mate
bit of bad luck there, where abouts was this? i've seen few dodgy intersections around perth where theres blind aproaches to the lights

time for that pursuit bumper!! ;)
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #4
DavesXr8

Actually saw this on the news that nite and saw your falcon glad the damage wasnt too bad mate.

Dave
DavesXr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Pursuit bumper? pffft nah. If i could id get the insurance to buy my a tray :P

It was at the Guildford rd/Collier dr intersection. I drive it everyday. There is plenty of room to stop and you can see for a long distance. The driver blamed brake failure but pretty sure your brakes dont lock up if they dont work. The guy was just a crap driver who wasnt paying attention. It was a little 2 tonne truck with sand in it. Driving way to fast and crappily for having a load of sand.

Ah well shell get fixed but shell never be the same. Ill always know what it looked like. Whenever I walk past and see it I really do feel like crying. First ever nice car that ive wanted forever. Only had her a few months. Still trying to pay her off. Dont have any time to take off work to do running around, boss was being a dick and just having a really shitty past 2 years. A few highlights but its been pretty crap. This just tops it off. And tonight I broke a guitar string and I have no spares. I cant even chill out :(
Old 29-03-2007, 07:08 AM   #6
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

damn man, when i had my first au, my wife was driving home from shops on a saturday while i was at work, stoped at a set of lights. next thing she knows theres a screech of brakes and she's being pushed across the intersection. cement truck ploughed into the back of her, our sedan was a write off, after only 6 months!!:( lucky there was no one on the intersection (busy road!!) as the lights had only just changed. at least your damage was only minor and repairable. hope it all gets sorted pretty quick.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Time for the tray Mark :P Well at least the damage isnt major and none to the front aswell. Hope to see it looking schmicko again soon

Luke

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You escaped un-harmed and your car ain't to bad, That little yellow car will be feeling the pain of your towbar

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Make sure you get the tub checked out properly ... the slightest shunt can warp them very easily ... also make sure there are no kicks in the wheel arches either.

I have found that the tubs when they get a knock need to be realigned on a chassis aligner ... I have a kink in one of my wheel arches from a small knock in the rear corner ... and I found I just can't get the dent pulled ... it has to be stretched back out ... bloody PITA .. it's the only mark on the tub and it annoys me.

Lucky you weren't further back in the queue ... the damage would have been much worse ... I guess in the meantime the ute is driveable and you can still get around
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2007, 12:55 AM   #10
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Well thing is mate if i hadnt have changed lanes when I did it would have been worse. I was going to pull in behind the yellow car but there was plenty of room ahead so i sped up a little and pulled in there. Lucky for me ay.

Yeah I had thought about the tub being warped but wasnt sure how easily it could happen. Ill mention that to whoever I get quotes from and Im sure theyll know all about it and can tell us what the g-o is.

Might be right Luke, time for a tray. Just wonder if the insurance people would like that idea and pay for it. Would probably be cheaper than fixing/getting a new tray. As I said to the old man itd be better for keeping away the pesky car park dings which have all magically appeared since I got the ute. She was very clean when I got her. I dont even go to the shops very often so its bloody wierd. Playing in the gravel doesnt help either....
Old 30-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I had a look at getting a fairly new "immaculate" tub ... and you are looking at $1300 + .... wreckers sell them at a premium to smash repairers as they KNOW they want them ... cheapest place is getting it off eBay ... but then it's a case of finding one without a mark on it ... and then there is colour matching too.

Tray might be just as easy ... similar cost of a replacement tub.

You should be able to keep the tub ... then make your trailer ... WIN/WIN situation
:hihi:
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post