Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default Quality info found on our gearboxes...

Found this, http://autofix.com.au/blog/archives/155#comment-6190
And found it quite amusing. I have added a comment, which I hope is right. Its just bad when people speak crap about cars (transmissions in this case), when they obviously dont know what they are on about.
Actually while Im on that subject as well, I have had some amazing coversations at work with people with no thought process active in there minds.
1. A guy who told me his mate rides at 450k's an hour on his motorbike. On the road.
2. A bloke who told me, and argued with me, that his stock EF used to do 0-100 in 5 seconds flat. "I had my uncle timing it in the car".
3. A fella who told me his mate has a volvo with 250 000 bucks spent on the engine, and runs it on 40psi.
Thats all I have for now, but it feels lots better to have told someone.
Thanks. :

Old 22-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloke here said his ute VZII SSZ, is worth $100000 but seems to go no better than a standard V8

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I knew this ****er who had a beatle that was only running on 2 cylinders, and he told me how shocked the guys in there ss commodores are when they're flying down the highway at 180ks and see this vw fly past them like they're standing still, also told me an interesting fact, all the top fuellers are running beatle engines.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
I knew this ****er who had a beatle that was only running on 2 cylinders, and he told me how shocked the guys in there ss commodores are when they're flying down the highway at 180ks and see this vw fly past them like they're standing still, also told me an interesting fact, all the top fuellers are running beatle engines.
Bwahahahahaha. The torque on those 47kw engines must be amazing.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My reply to craig:

Quote:
Ok, assuming this happened recently, the youngest the car could have been is 9 years old, how many K’s has it done? 3, maybe 4 hundred thousand?

Put your head out of it mate, it’s a -/+ 10 year old car, you’re going to have problems with it, saying they are dodgy gearboxes because of having to rip them out of taxis is ridiculous, we all know how taxi drive their cars…

Lastly, if its such a good idea, as you said in your last reply, why are you putting **** on it? Could it be that until Ralph told you about it, you had no idea it even existed?

You try to give the impression that you are a mechanic, but you’re obviously the typical “lets put **** on Ford because my 10 year old car has transmission problem” type ****er that needs a good kick up the ****…

What a bloody moron...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #6
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I have had some amazing coversations at work with people with no thought process active in there minds.
1. A guy who told me his mate rides at 450k's an hour on his motorbike. On the road.
2. A bloke who told me, and argued with me, that his stock EF used to do 0-100 in 5 seconds flat. "I had my uncle timing it in the car".
3. A fella who told me his mate has a volvo with 250 000 bucks spent on the engine, and runs it on 40psi.
Thats all I have for now, but it feels lots better to have told someone.
Thanks. :

So which institution are you working at? :
Old 22-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
paddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hords
So which institution are you working at? :
The Ponds Institute?
paddle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

LoL the Swisse Vitamins Institute ..

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

Niether, I work in a meat factory.... But it does get called an institution by the people who work there, so...