Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #31
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 FTR 5
Running simular exhaust great sound and good power.
Awesome to hear, as you would know i couldn't hear it at all when i dropped it off so anything will be awesome

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Soundwarp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Nice work mate..well done.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #33
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Ive had some more tuning done, managed to clean up the fuel and spark tables a fair bit more which made heaps of difference in overall driving,power and torque.
No graphs to show as there is still more to do. Power before tune was 160 rwkws, after this current tune 172 rwkws. Torque 450 before, and 491 after.

The torque curve was flat as, shows with the way it delivers it now, smooth and pulls from idle with a very strong midrange.

Still havent done any MAF work, lol, but will get onto it very soon, that should give it a few more kws, and plenty of torque aswell.

All things going well, should be able to give it a blast down the 1/4 mile at the AFF drag day.

Also posted in the performance section.
Hey Phil- how was the torque derived on the dyno. This si often the hardest figure to compare accurately between dyno's- just curious whether it's taken from tractive effort or a proper nm (not newtons- that's tractive effort) just that 491rwnm would be a massive achievement

that's still a damn sensational result matey and you should be chuffed to bits with that! Can't wait to see more- I'm definately an advocate of the Flas Tuner- despite my frustration for the $1000 box just to access the damn computer......... clearly it IS not required, but hey that's clever marketing isn't it
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #34
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Picked mine up for $695, should be tuned in the next week or so, i hope it is worth the extra expense of my current unichip setup.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #35
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Hey Phil- how was the torque derived on the dyno. This si often the hardest figure to compare accurately between dyno's- just curious whether it's taken from tractive effort or a proper nm (not newtons- that's tractive effort) just that 491rwnm would be a massive achievement

that's still a damn sensational result matey and you should be chuffed to bits with that! Can't wait to see more- I'm definately an advocate of the Flas Tuner- despite my frustration for the $1000 box just to access the damn computer......... clearly it IS not required, but hey that's clever marketing isn't it
Jim, its not tractive effort, im pretty sure its nm from memory, ill have to ask the tuner.
It was done on a dyno torque dyno, its one that my tuner and his uncle have made up themselves, and they plan to market and sell them in the not to distant future.
It has all corrections done via weather station, and is all setup according to world dyno standards, works real well.

Feels a totally different car, afr's have been tuned to 12.4/5:1 @WOT, and have given it a good 6 degrees timing, economy is heaps better too, but the way it goes now, very happy, this is what it shouldve been like from the factory.

The flash tuner is a godsend for us AU drivers, even if it doesnt show a heap of kw increase, if its tuned right, you will definatly feel the difference.

The other tune that was done, only showed 2 rwkw difference from stock, i couldnt believe it, it was heaps better, much stronger, it was a different cat with the other tune, but now its already much faster and better with the new tune.

It isnt a cheap thing, but then when you compare it to LS1 edit, it isnt too much more $$, thats the way it goes, but with the edit, you are making sure your car is ready for anything you do to it too, and the way ford have the tunes in them, there is always an improvement.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #36
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Picked mine up for $695, should be tuned in the next week or so, i hope it is worth the extra expense of my current unichip setup.
The box isn't worth two knobs of goatshit if the thing isn't tuned properly- but you know that

They are definately worth it mate and knowing who has done your work in the past, I would say there will be a marked improvement if you go down that path again

Certainly have to let us know how it goes Matt!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #37
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
They are definately worth it mate and knowing who has done your work in the past, I would say there will be a marked improvement if you go down that path again
I've waited well over 12months to have the car tuned with a flash tuner, it looks like the Chris will not be heading up this way which is understandable with the amount of boss building/tuning/racing he has on his plate with his business and its a fair way to travel to tune a couple of cars so i've bit the bullet purchased a tuner box and will try a local capa tuner and see what happens.

You are right in saying the tuner makes the difference not the box but i can't wait any longer. The unichip has really been a stop gap until something like the flash tuner came out. I probably have a bit more to gain considering my car is an auto.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 01-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #38
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
I've waited well over 12months to have the car tuned with a flash tuner, it looks like the Chris will not be heading up this way which is understandable with the amount of boss building/tuning/racing he has on his plate with his business its a fair way to travel to tune a couple of cars so i've bit the bullet purchased a tuner box and will try a local capa tuner and see what happens.

You are right in saying the tuner makes the difference not the box but i can't wait any longer. The unichip has really been a stop gap until something like the flash tuner came out.
Yeah a shame he's only one man hey?

I am really waiting with excitement to see how the car comes out with the Flash Tune- just make the calls and find out who can do the AU, it's a different beast to the B-series and will take some more time to get just right, and I know you wouldn't want or deserve any less

Good luck matey!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #39
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've waited well over 12months to have the car tuned with a flash tuner, it looks like the Chris will not be heading up this way which is understandable with the amount of boss building/tuning/racing he has on his plate with his business and its a fair way to travel to tune a couple of cars so i've bit the bullet purchased a tuner box and will try a local capa tuner and see what happens.

You are right in saying the tuner makes the difference not the box but i can't wait any longer. The unichip has really been a stop gap until something like the flash tuner came out. I probably have a bit more to gain considering my car is an auto.
Try Steve & the boys @ RDP. They seem to have a pretty good rep & are doing the edit now.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #40
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
Try Steve & the boys @ RDP. They seem to have a pretty good rep & are doing the edit now.
Great to hear he is finally using the capa tuner, last time i spoke to him he prefered to use his tsi module only. Thanks Gambit.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #41
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like you are very excited.........don't ya wish all mods had this improvement

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #42
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
From what ive seen so far, and mines only had a bit of a tinker with the fuel and timing, the car is better everywhere, in gear, at takeoff, awesome midrange, it just pulls much harder, all round very well for so little done.
I'm getting all excited : I hope to get my flash tune real soon
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #43
Soundwarp
Blue to the bone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I'm getting all excited : I hope to get my flash tune real soon

Damm i'm considering it now aswell........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...dwarp/fbar.jpg
Soundwarp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #44
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Nice Phil, was the tune done by Damo at DPC Performance centre?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #45
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Nice Phil, was the tune done by Damo at DPC Performance centre?
Certainly was Mark, Damo is a gun tuner mate, looking forward to some more tuning when time permits.

We have a bigger MAF to try, and also a few other little tricks :

The ute is going well after round 2 of tinkering, very happy with the torque increase and better economy, infact its heaps better everywhere :hihi:
Old 05-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ran the TE50 on the dyno today. AFR from about 3800 RPM onwards was 10 all the way to red line. Apparently that is pretty rich and should be closer to about 12.5? Anyways...shows the factory tune isn't perfect and could do with a touch up. Oh... and got 205rwkw stock standard with a homemade CAI and K&N.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #47
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good mate, atleast you have a baseline to work off.
Where did you end up taking it for a dyno run?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #48
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EFI dynamic in Lilydale. Eroll runs the joint. Met him when I was a member of the Australian Lexus Soarer Club.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #49
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you get a sheet? Can you post it up?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #50
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't bother taking the AFR graph as that was not much use to me at this stage. RPM was based on tyre parametres so it isn't 100% accurate but is close enough. The RPM sensor couldn't read the RPM through the stock leads.

Notice the valve float just before 6000 RPM.

Rides (past and present)

Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #51
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and he also showed me the dyno runs on another TE50 he recently tuned.
It was an auto so the baseline was around 190rwkw. They then fitted the pacemaker competition headers (4-1) and tuned it and got an increase of around 25rwkw (from memory). All they did was change the headers and retained the stock cat back. There was also a considerable jump in torque across the entire rev range. I didn't get the exact numbers though.

Rides (past and present)

Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #52
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good, can see the little dip in the power and torque graphs, would be nice to see a AFR graph too, and you can compare it to the power and torque, see when it starts to dump the fuel in.

So when are you getting the flash tuner and the full difilippo exhaust?